-28-

Chapter 28

Y/n wore the apron and rolled up her sleeves. "I am ready. Just tell me how to cook."

"Y/n, should I come there? I am scared it's your first time cooking. What if you get hurt?" Taehyung said. Y/n facetime him and told him to teach her how to cook.

"Taetae! Just Tell me what to do! I am hungry!" She whined.

"Okay, okay fine. I will tell you to just be careful." Taehyung said.

Y/n started cooking and following Taehyung's instructions.

"I am so good at cooking right? I am such a good chef. Look how smoothly I am cutting these vegetables perfectly." Y/n said while cutting the vegetables.

"Yes, but be careful. Don't cut your hand."

"Don't worry I am a pro now." Y/n said.

Taehyung laughed. "You are being so cute, I want to be there and kiss your cheeks."

"I wish you were here too. Then I wouldn't have to cook." Y/n said.

Taehyung explained everything to her in a really basic way.

"What a sight! Y/n, who never even saw how the kitchen is cooking?" Her stepmom said in a really taunting way.

"You must be satisfied right?" Y/n asked.

"No really, cooking in this kitchen for yourself. You call this a hardship? And who are you talking to?" She said she saw Y/n's phone and took it from the counter. Y/n tried to take her phone.

"Oh, hi Taehyung dear, it was you who were talking to her. I see you feel attached to Y/n now." She smirked. Taehyung had no expression at all. He was silent.

Y/n took the phone. "Hey! Leave me the phone."

She stared at Y/n with a smirk and left.

"Oh my god, what was that! I am so sorry Tae. It's an everyday drama now." Y/n said. She looked at the battery. "Oh shit, my phone battery is low. Wait Tae, I will plug it into the charger."

"Y/n turn the stove to low. Your food will be done. I should go now. Bye." Taehyung said.

Y/n was about to say bye but he already hung up.

She turned the stove low and went to her room for the charger.

When she left the maid came and she added something to the food and then left.
__

Jungkook came home, he was not surprised that Y/n was in the bathroom. He thought she was taking a shower again or bath.

But he felt weird noises. He opened the door and saw Y/n vomiting.

It was not just vomiting, her face was turning red with weird swelling around her mouth and her lips were swell too.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Jungkook holds onto her waist with one hand and she holds her hair with the other.

She shook her head, she held Jungkook's shirt tightly, she couldn't breath. Her eyes were shot red. Jungkook panicked.

Y/n fell on the ground and fainted. "No! Y/n! Open your eyes!"

He quickly lifted her and brought her to the hospital.

__

Jungkook was terrified. The doctors were treating her, she was out of danger but still under observation.

She ate a wild herb which is highly toxic. She could have died if Jungkook didn't find her on time. For now her mouth, tongue, and food pipe are swollen. That is Y/n she couldn't breathe properly, her breathing might get better after 24 hours. But it will take some days for her to start talking normally.

Jungkook was so worried for her, doctors were still treating her.

"How did she even eat wild herbs?" Jungkook said, it just didn't make sense. It's not like the herb she ate was easy to find that Y/n accidentally took it.

"She talked back to me. Now for a few days she will not be able to talk." His mother laughed, she is here such to see Y/n suffering.

"You give Y/n that Herb?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah, She looked so ugly right now with swollen lips and face. "

He was pissed and seeing his mom laugh at her like that after commiting she did this made Jungkook mad.

And for the first time in all the years he yelled at her, "IS THIS A FCKING JOKE TO YOU! SHE COULD HAVE DIED BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU HAVE CROSSED ALL YOUR LINES! JUST LEAVE, I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE."

__