#EIGHTY FOUR.

The next morning.

Nicks voice wakes me up. "Oh, fuck." He groans.

I slowly open my eyes and look up at him. We had all fallen asleep on the couch. His appearance gave me the impression he was not at all happy about what transpired last night.

"Hey." I softly, say.

"Hey, let's go." He replies, without giving me much time to think.

Joey wrestles awake, sitting himself into a better position on the couch. "Really, leaving already?" He asks, while stretching and yawning.

Nick just looks at him and clenches his jaw.

We all turn to survey the front door as the handle starts to wiggle and you could audibly hear keys unlocking it.

Their dad walks in and latches onto the sight of the three of us on the couch together, probably all looking worn out and tired from our previous events. I'm sure he had his opinions about it.

"Are you guys just waking up?" John questions us.

"We had a long night." Joey smirks, making me want to hush him.

Nick stands up and gives a big stretch before he grabs his sweatshirt off the couch and pulls it on over his head. He finds his car keys in his pocket and brings them out to hold them. "Ready?" He asks me.

"Wait, sit down son." John tells him.

"Oh, come on dad, I don't want to talk about football right fucking now." Nick murmurs.

"Nicholas, sit down. It's not about football." He replies.

Nick sits down, but then frantically questions. "—Wait where is mom?"

"Yeah, where's mom?" Joey asks, I could hear a nervous tone in both of their voices.

"She's at home in Florida, she's fine. I need to tell you both something, though. The reason I'm back late is because your mom and I are getting a divorce. We just got all the paperwork filed. Im sorry boys."

"What?!" They both explode.

"Why?" Nick questions him, desperately. "Why are you going to drop this on me right now.. after I lose a fucking game?!"

"At least we waited till after to tell you, son."

"No, this is bullshit. I don't care. This is not okay." Nick replies, smugly. "Why?!"

"Your mom and I haven't been getting along for a very, long time. You both know that." John says.

"Well, then you fix it! You don't just divorce someone because you're not getting along. That's fucking stupid!" Nick replies, jumping up from the couch and angrily breaths. He stares down his dad as if he was ready to fight him.

"This is fucking lame." Joey says out loud. He walks into his room and slams the door, so loud.. I thought it was going to come off it's hinges.

"Let's go, Liliana, now." He demands.

I quickly jump up and grab my purse and keys.