#SEVENTY ONE.

The next day.

Nick and I are sitting on the couch when he gets a phone call. I watch him as he screen locks his phone to silence it. After that, I sort of felt his mood shift.

Something inside my gut was telling me to ask, so I did. "Who was that?"

He looks at me quite lazily. "No one." He replies with a short answer.

"Well, it was obviously someone." I snort.

"Yeah, someone that's no one." He answers, oddly.

I try to forget about it, but not long afterwards his phone rings again.

He gets up from the couch now. "Give me one sec." He groans as he walks to the sliding door and exits into the backyard.

At this point in our relationship I felt pretty secure, but then again, something in my gut was telling me to figure out who was calling him. I don't know what it was about this call, but something definitely felt off.

I realize he left the door open a crack, so feeling nosy I walk up to listen to the conversation. He had his back turned to me and I was hoping he wouldn't turn around, but even if he did I honestly, didn't care if he caught me.

"I told you not to call me, you know I'm with her right now." He speaks angrily into the phone.

He pauses a moment and then says "—Then why the hell are you calling me?"

I watch him as he paces the back patio. "You're going to get me fucking caught up." He answers through gritted teeth. "No, she has no idea, stop stressing about it, okay?"

My breath hitches for a moment. With that I return back to the couch. My head was spinning with dangerous thoughts and those thoughts were going to all the worst places.

When he comes back inside I immediately, confront him. "What the fuck? Who was that?!" I felt angrier than I have ever been with him in this moment.

"What?" His eyebrows form over his eyes as if he was the angry one.

"Who was that on the phone, Nick?" I stare him dead in the eyes.

"It's none of your business, Lili. Jeesh, you're acting crazy. Stop." He coldly, replies.

"Was it a girl?" I keep pressing him.

"Were you listening to my conversation?" He was about to sit down on the couch, but now he stands still staring down at me.

"Yeah. I was. So, answer me."

"Lili, what the hell? That's not cool. You have some serious trust issues."

I get up from the couch. "Maybe that's because you made me that way." I start to walk towards the door.

"Fuck..." He sighs. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to take a walk. I don't have anything nice to say right now, so I'm going to remove myself from this situation until I calm down." I tell him.

"Well, do you have your phone at least?" He asks.

I pat my jeans shorts pocket. "Yep."