#SIXTY EIGHT.

Joey and I return to Nicks house and enter in through the garage. I realized Joey knew Nicks keypad entrance and I took note of that.

As we walk into the living room, Nick was on the couch. He was in shorts, no shirt. His head was tilted backwards with an ice pack on his forehead.

"Hey." I gently, say sitting next to him and placing a hand on his thigh, I was relieved to see him, even after everything he put me through. He still felt like a comforting place to me. "How are you feeling?"

Joey doesn't say a word as he stands in the middle of the front room and watches our interaction with his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"I'm glad you came back. My head still hurts, so bad." He mumbles and lets his head fall to the side to look at me.

"I'm sorry." I reply, I let my hand come up and brush through his hair, softly.

He closes his eyes momentarily and then says. "Where have you been?" He surprisingly, kisses me in a fast, calm motion. He pulls away and looks at my eyes closely. "You smell like the ocean... and tequila."

"Oh, Joey and I just went to the beach for a bit." I answer, but try to tread lightly.

"Did you guys fuck each other again?" He bluntly, questions.

"—What? No, of course not, Nick." I breath.

"You know what? Don't even tell me because I wouldn't be able to take it..." He replies and stands up from the couch.

He gets closer to Joey and shoves him. "Stop trying to fuck my girlfriend. Find your own."

"Nicky, come on. Nothing like that happened." Joey calls out to Nick as he climbs up the stairs.

Nick stops and turns around. "Liliana..." He turns his attention to me. "Just come to bed, please. I'm hurting. I need you." His eyes and body disposition looked so, extremely, tired and weak, as if his legs would give out at any moment.

"Okay." I start to move towards the staircase.

"Wait." Joey says out loud.

I give him a stern look. "It's okay, Joey."

"I'm going to crash on the couch." He doesn't even wait for a response from Nick and just flops himself down on the sectional. I don't think Nick had the energy to fight about it.

I had a strong feeling that he was staying because he was worried about Nick and I getting into an argument, or maybe I was just reading too far into it.  I wasn't entirely sure.

When Nick and I reach his bedroom, he immediately takes my hand. "Can I please, just disrespect you, but like... respectfully?" He asks.

"Wha—What?" The word almost comes out in a laugh. I think I may have still been a little high.

His hand moves up my chest, between my breasts and reaches my neck, closing extremely gently over my throat. "You promise me right now. That you did not fuck him again, Lili?" His eyes seemed like they were in pain. Almost as if he could hardly focus on me.

"Nick, I swear to god, I'd never do that to you again."

"Do you even believe in god, Lili?" His voice was dark, he sounded as if he was ready to commit some type of assault on my body if I allowed it.