#SIXTY TWO.

*

We arrive at the restaurant and meet up with the guys parents at a reserved table.

I walk around Johns back and softly pat him on the shoulder. "How you feeling?" I ask, with a faint smile as I round his chair.

He looks surprised that I even dared to touch him, but he gives me some what of a smile back and says "I'm doing good."

Both of their parents watch me as I sit to the side of Joey and not Nick. Their facial expressions seemed confused, so I assumed the boys didn't tell them about our little situation.

Nicks mom laughs, but it was in a disoriented manner. "What's going on here?" She asks, pointing between Joey and I.

"Oh, I'm dating Lili, now." Joey says without context and a little sarcasm.

"What?" Their mom gasps in bewilderment.

"No, he wishes." Nick interjects. "There's something I actually have to tell you guys..."

After Nick explains the entire situation to them their dad says "You sure she isn't actually dating both of you, for real?"

With some of the comments this dude made, could you honestly blame me for coming unhinged on him?

Although, I'm sure it was hard for him to wrap his head around. After all... I did fuck both of his sons.

"Oh, sweetie. I'm sure this is very hard on all of you." Nicks mom says, in a comforting tone.

"We are just trying to get through this." Nick says.

"You should think about getting through this season, first. You only have a couple games left." His dad replies. "Don't let it all go to shit now."

I quickly roll my eyes. "There is more to life than football." I say, under my breath, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"That's very true." Answers their mom.

"Yeah, but this is more than football, Liliana.. this is their career." Their dad adds. "This is their security net."

I look him dead in the eyes. "I get that John, but what exactly do you have after your football career? Other than your wife and kids?"

His eyes immediately soften, almost as if what I said actually, soaked into his thick skull.

"They will have us." He says, pointing between him and his wife.

"—And me." I reply, not backing down and staring him right back dead into the eyes.

He chuckles. "The more the merrier, isn't that right?"

"That's right." I say, with a smirk. He better fucking know.

"—So, Lili might take a job in Florida, during the off season." Nick tries to deflect the tension that was beginning to build between his father and I.

"Oh, really? What kind of job?" John asks, still staring at me.

"High school football, sports therapy." I flatly, reply.