#THIRTY EIGHT.

"Well, we are in for the ride now. Might as well enjoy it, we should go outside because this room is about to close in on us really fast." Joey says.

"We can go to the backyard." Nick replies, walking extremely, slow to the sliding door. He looks back at me and I'm stuck on the couch, I literally felt like I couldn't move. "Lili, come on."

"I can't get up. I don't think I can come." I tell him, panicking a little.

He looks back at me realizing I was struggling then, comes back to the couch, lifting me up and throwing me over his good shoulder.

"You're coming." He says.

When I'm across his shoulder, I find it oddly hilarious and giggle hysterically. "You are so tall. I feel so high."

"You are high, Lili." He replies.

"I am..." I laugh.

The three of us get outside and sit on the grass. My hands rub over the soft, thick, hairy feeling texture. It felt really good. I felt a lot better being outside. We all sit quietly, not speaking at all. Enjoying the sound of the outdoors and the feeling of earth beneath us.

Joey lays onto his back eventually, and stares up at the sky. "You guys should lay down, it feels amazing." He says, quietly.

We both lay back and I look up at the sparsely white fluffy, clouds above me. It was a breathtaking sight.

"I don't know if I like this." Nick takes a deep gulp of air. "I feel like I'm about to fall off the earth."

I reach out to him and grab his hand. "It's okay, we can't fall off the earth." I laugh.

"Just enjoy it, don't start tripping, dude." Joey replies.

"The clouds look incredible, almost fake, like they are painted on a ceiling." I speak, softly.

"You guys see that stingray cloud? It literally, looks like it's swimming in the ocean." Joey says.

"Oh, wow! I do!" I reply, astonished.

Nicks hand grips tighter to mine. "I'm too focused on not falling into the sky." His voice sounded shaky.

"There's a thing called gravity, Nicky. We can't fall into the sky. Calm down." Joey answers.

We all stay still for sometime. Again, becoming quite and just experiencing the moment. It was way better of a feeling I thought it would have been to be high on mushrooms. I felt one with the earth and everything around me. My body felt warm and safe like, I was being cradled by some unknown loving force.

"Did I just hear dads voice?" Joey says, out of nowhere.

"No, you're just high." Nick replies.

Then, instantaneously. We all here a loud "Nick!"

We all immediately sit up, at this point straight terror filled my heart.

"Dad is fucking here!" Joey says.

"Holy shit, I'm way too high for this." Nick replies.