#SEVENTY NINE.

After way too many shots, I tell Joe I'm about to head out. He tells me he was going to head out as well and walks me out into the parking lot.

"I'm going to just leave my car here and order an Uber, but thank you for talking with me and being my bartender. Tonight has helped me a lot." I thank him.

"Oh, I haven't drank anything. I came here in a Uber, too. I could drive your car back to Nicks place. That way it's there for you." He happily, says.

"Are you sure?" I question.

"Yeah, of course. I'd like to see you get back safe, too." He replies, as the gentleman he was.

"Um, yeah, sure. That would be nice." I toss him my keys from my purse.

We approach my car.

"Oh, a Prius." He says.

I was expecting for him to say something bad about it, but he actually doesn't.

"This is a nice car." He tells me, pressing the unlock button.

I smile getting into the passenger seat. He seemed to be a really nice guy, he didn't really meet the criteria of an Ohio State boy. I herd they had bad reputations, but he seemingly had none.

*

We arrive back at Nicks house, and I notice Joeys car parked outside. I thank Joe again for driving my car back. As I take my car keys from him and start to say goodbye, he stops me.

"Well, I'm actually going to come inside. I wanted to say hi to the guys."

"Oh." I nervously, reply. This probably wasn't going to look good on my part, but fuck it. I was single, right?

I walk through the front door with Joe at my back. I see that Nick had Kayla over still and Joey was sitting with some random girl I'd never seen before on the couch.

"Hey, I ran into Joe at the bar. He wanted to come in and say hi." I try to paint the narrative, before they could create a false one for themselves.

"What's up, dude." Joe slaps hands with Nick. "You feeling a bit better, today?" He chuckles.

"Yeah, for sure man." Nick responds, before looking at me with suspicion. "You guys just meet up or?"

"I told you, I ran into him there." I repeat, becoming a bit upset he was even questioning me.

"I was doing an event. She happened to walk in." Joe explains to Nick.

"Hm." Nick makes an obnoxious sound. "Well, we are just hanging out. I think we're going to get into the hot tub if you guys want to join us?" He asks.

"You guys?" I question him.

"You and Joe." He says.

I look at him like he was clinically insane. At this point I had no reason to think otherwise, but maybe he was just trying to play it cool in front of his new little friend.

"What?" Nick questions me obviously, seeing my reaction.

"I'm good. I think I'm just gonna go to bed." I reply, thumbing my hand towards the staircase.