#FORTY SEVEN.

Nick joins me up stairs and I'm in a panic-stricken state. "Nick, it's going to look so weird if I'm wearing your clothes."

"Liliana, no one is going to care." He goes into his dresser and pulls out black shorts and a black shirt. "Here." He hands then to me "Those shorts are really tight so, you'll probably only have to roll them like once or twice."

"Great." I reply.

He goes into his closet and comes back out with scissors. "You can crop that shirt if you want."

"I'm not going to cut your shirt, Nick." I tell him.

"I honestly don't care. It's just a plain black shirt."

I end up cropping the shirt.

As we head back down stairs, my heart pounds harder as I complete each step. I was not at all looking forward to this interaction.

The moment we hit the bottom floor and turn into the kitchen, his dads eyes are locked onto me.

"What is she doing here?" He immediately, asks.

"I'm on a bi-week again. So, we are just hanging out." Nick answers.

I notice bags of food on the kitchen table.

"We didn't know you were going to be here, sweetie. I'm sorry we might not have enough food." Nicks mom, says.

"It's okay, she can share with me." Nick replies.

I try not to look at Joey, but my eyes briefly scan over him. He was avoiding me as well, and his body posture appeared uncomfortable as we all took a seat at the table.

As they dish out the food his dad starts to speak again. "I thought this little thing between you two was over?" He says.

"Dad, can you just drop it for now? You already know how I feel about her." Nick replies.

"I think.." He starts to respond.

But Nicks mom cuts him off. "—John. Leave them alone, there's no need to be an asshole. He is our son and we support him in any decisions he makes." She gives me a warm smile.

Everyone is quite for a moment and starts to eat. I felt like his father was never going to like me, no matter what I did and no matter what Nick proved to him about our relationship.

"So, speaking of decisions. I do need to tell you guys that Liliana and I are getting back together." Nick says, without holding back.

Before anyone could answer, Joey looks in our direction. "What? You guys are getting back together?" He desperately, clears his throat.

"That's great news!" His mom chimes in.

Joey pushes out his chair, he frantically stands and grabs at his chest. Everyone's attention is now on him.

"What's going on with you?" Nick questions.

"I—I think I'm choking." He replies.

"You can't be choking, you're talking." Nick says, unamused.

"No, I feel like I can't breath." He answers, starting to hyperventilate.