#TWENTY TWO.

We make our way into my room so that I could change out of my dress. Nick stops in the doorway.

"What?" I ask, watching his facial expression.

"Lili, I'm sorry. I can't sleep here." He says.

I look at him upsettingly. "Why?"

"You have a twin bed, there's no fucking way we are both going to fit on that."

"Yeah, I can just sleep on top of you." I smile.

He laughs. "As much as I would love that, let's go back to my place. I just played a football game today, I'm exhausted." He replies.

As much as I would like to think he was being a diva about the situation, I understood where he was coming from.

"What about your brother?" I ask.

"Fuck him." He laughs. "I'll text him and give him a heads up, though."

I get changed and we head over to his place.

Nicks House.

As we stand at the front door while Nick is unlocking it, he turns and smirks at me. "Let's assess the damage."

We walk in and there's just a few glasses of half drank wine on the counter top, nothing really else noticeably out of place. It was oddly quite and no one was on the bottom floor.

Nick goes to the fridge and grabs two pre-made meals from it, he pops them in the microwave and turns to look at me.

"I hope you don't think I'm an asshole." He says.

I come closer to him and he softly strokes my hair.

"Why, because you didn't want to sleep in my shitty apartment?" I laugh.

He sighs. "No, it's not shitty..."

"—Relax. I'm only joking, I know you just want to get good rest."

He kisses me, gently. "I'm a little bit of an asshole." He admits after the kiss.

"Just a little." I jokingly, poke him.

The microwave beeps and he retrieves the food.

We make our way upstairs and see a pair of panties laying in the hallway.

"Maybe they are asleep?" I whisper.

"I doubt that." He chuckles.

We get into his room and Nick locks the door behind us. He goes to the corner of the room where a hamper is and strips himself down to his boxers, throwing his clothing into the basket.

As we eat our food, I couldn't help, but watch him. There was something so primal about him eating half naked, I found it to be strangely attractive.

Afterwards, we lay in bed together in the dark. My head is on his chest and I listen softly, as he breaths in and out. I could tell he was tired and was probably going to pass out any second, when I start to hear something coming from another room.