#THIRTY.

"Can you please, drive me home?" I ask, Joey.

"I want to talk to you about what just happened." Nick says, desperately.

"I don't want to talk to you. I don't think I ever want to talk to you again." I tell him.

The door handle shakes, and then someone pounds on the door. "Hey, who's fucking in there?"

Joey opens the door and quickly ushers me out, Nick is close behind us.

The guy looks at us with a suspicious smile. "Damn, what we're you three doing in there." He asks, while we are passing him.

"Drugs." Joey says, flatly.

"—And no invite?!" The guy, laughs.

"Next time, bro." He replies, patting his back and moving forward.

We get to my car and I pass Joey my keys. He stops and stares at my car.

"Really? You're going to make me drive a Prius?" He says.

"Oh my god, what is wrong with my Prius?" I say, frustratedly.

I go to get in and Nick is right there at my side again.

"So, you're just going to leave, on these terms?" He asks, looking pitiful.

"Yes." I tell him.

"Can I at least drive you home, so we can talk?" He questions.

"No, why don't you go back inside and find that girl. I'm sure she'll let you drive her home."

"Liliana, I don't give a fuck about that girl." He replies.

"God, you really are so charming, Nick."

I get into the passenger seat and sit down, he holds the car door, not wanting to budge.

"Were you ever going to tell me the truth about Trace?" He asks.

"I don't know, but I honestly didn't have to tell you anything, if I didn't want to. It doesn't matter now." I stare up at him, hoping he would just give up at this point.

"It matters because in football we are all integrated and I have to be around him. The fact that you wouldn't at least mention you and him were together and you were pregnant with his kid... is a little bewildering to me, Lili."

"I'm not obligated to tell you anything." I say, blankly.

"—But its human fucking decency."

"I don't think you have a clue what human decency is, Nick. In fact, you might be heartless."

"Seriously?" He asks, looking me in the eyes.

"I really don't want to sit here and listen to you guys argue for an hour so, can we get this show on the road?" Joey asks.

"Let go of the door, Nick."

He gives me a look as if he's been completely gutted, but this time I didn't care. He shuts the car door and stands there watching as we pull away.