36. Lost And Found

ROOHI

ROOHI.

The door opened suddenly waking me from my sleep as Rudram walked in wearing a big smile on his face and tears in his eyes.

He came and hug me tightly and kissed my forehead caressing my hair.

"I thought I lost you. Again," He said and pulled apart from me.  Sat on the stool and watched me, still teary eyes. "How are you feeling now?" he asked me as I nodded my head in response telling him I'm fine in silence.

"Where were you?" I asked him unable to consume my curiosity.

"I was out... for important-- work," he said in a stuttering voice and I nodded to him again in response.

"Office work?" I implored him as he shooked his head.

"No. Just... Something important." he said, I looked somewhere else, as I started to fidget my fingers,

"Do you know who poisoned me?" I asked him still looking at my fingers now. As he rose from his stool which fell back with a thud and he started to yell at me.

"How would I know? Why are you asking me? Ahh!! You are still doubting me. God, you can never change."  He yelled his hand on his waist, getting weird with his hysterical smile on me.  I was a little shocked at his reaction to this as he stumbled back on the stool and fell back harder on the medicine table near the wall. "FUCK!!" He yelled loudly after colliding as he threw down the medicine tray. While I flinched at his reactions to a simple question.

The nurse came running inside with Vimal bhaiya behind her, eyes widening at the sight of Rudram.

"Si, please get out. You can't behave like this in a ward room of a  psychologically diagnosed patient!" she yelled to him as he went in hasty steps toward her and stared at her with scary eyes.

Not her, but I was terrified of whatever this reaction was.

"Psychologically diagnosed patient. Who? Her? " he said pointing at me and started to laugh. "She is sane enough to blame someone for a treachery act. Do you think she needs treatment?" He laughed,

"Sir you are drunk?  In a hospital to meet a patient and causing a scene. She went through an ordered attempt. It's a police case. I don't know how you came in. But I think you should walk out now. And seems like you are going to be our number one suspect. Please." she responded to him. As he laughed even harder.

Drunk? This was his important work.

"I'm suspect. And what she is suffering because of a murder attempt?" he again spoke gibberish and scoffed at the nurse "Her brothers try to kill her every day." he said and laughed "She suffering." he said in a teasing tone the nurse.

"Security! " the nurse yelled loudly not hearing to him anymore.

"Get out of here! " Vimal bhai yelled at him as he reverted him more loudly.

"YOU GET OUT OF HERE YOU MOTHERFUCKER." He yelled loudly, the security came running inside and grabbed him while he tried to free himself from them. "Leave me. --- leave me --- leave " he kept saying again and again "She needs me to heal. The brother you are trusting will kill her with his own hands. Leave me now --- leave me,"  While I could understand his strange behavior they took him away. And the nurse came to check on my pulse and other machines attached to me. While I was feeling as if he was lost with what happened. And maybe I found out about the real him today.

Whatever it was. It was scary. Hundred times scary than all the dangerous acts I have seen of brothers. Scary than all the beating I have received from them. Scary than when I was all alone in the fight.

Feeling like I didn't know this man at all.

The person I saw today was not Rudram but someone else on his face.

It was frightening.

"You saw him.  That's him. That's the man you were trusting so much. You just had a glimpse of what extent he can walk too. He poisoned you." Vimal bhai started to speak again the same - same thing.

"Get out. I said get out now." I yelled at him when he didn't walk away. " I said go leave me alone! "

"I know you are going through stress and shock from what you saw today. But come to your fucking senses,"

"Sir, I think you should leave too. Before I call for another security guard." The nurse threaten him as he nodded and started to walk away.

But before leaving completely out he pivoted to look at me. "Stick the pieces together. You'll see the picture clear," he said as went out. Suggesting me to do something I was not interested to do at all.

"I'll ask the inspector to raise the security outside your door. Until you are ready to talk." The nurse said before leaving while I call her to stop.

"Inspector? Police? "  I asked her and she nodded.

"Yes. You were poisoned intentionally. Even though your entire family and Guardian. Your husband denied to file a case. But since it was the hospital policy for filing registration for being treated, they had to do it. "

"Who wasn't ready to do it? " I asked in shock as she nodded.

"None was," she said and left. Sending me into a dilemma I didn't want to be in.

"Once again I'm all alone." I said to myself loudly as I heard a voice behind the curtains.

"You are not."