41. New space, new place.

ROOHI

ROOHI.

"Ma'am please tell us what you require in your room as you will reach there. We will place them before your arrival." The man in a black suit asked me, sitting on the passenger seat with the driver next to him. The other two men were in behind the car.

"Just some spare clothes for now. " I told him in a whispering voice as he nodded. "Can I ask you something?" I urged him after a long pause and he nodded by saying at your service. "What kind of man grandfather is?" I asked him as I saw from the rearview mirror that his face was now smiling. It's something and the only thing I want to know. Being played like that by everyone has made me lose my trust in anyone anymore.

"He is a nice man," he said I couldn't trust his word.

"If he was a nice man. Why did my mother have to run away?"

"Because your grandfather knew that your father wasn't a nice man. He kept your mother in the dark that she was just a mistress and not a wife, forever. You are well aware of that." he said and I despised the blood in me.

No wonder even his sons are no good in this world.

"He just wanted his daughter's wellness. But your mother couldn't understand that," he said in a disappointed tone and I felt awkward like this.

Is it right for me to just end up being someone else burden again?

I thought to myself but the man with a superpower heard it somehow.

"Don't classify yourself as a burden. You are probably our savior. If no one inherits the business the government dogs are standing in line to take hold of it. " he said to me trying to tell me that I'm so important to them for their benefit.

For the first time. Someone is telling me that they need me. Instead of just keeping me in the dark for their benefit.

"The business is not an easy thing to handle. I guess we are giving you a burden instead," he said to me once again. As I understood his points.

And in a flicker of moments the car parked in the long driveway. Leading to an immense Mansion. Thrice the size of Haveli and twice the size of Manann Mansion.

"This is your house, Ma'am," he said taking me out from my blocked head.

My house?

This?

The driver opened the door for me and I walked out of the car as I walked into the Mansion. It was classically designed. All the furniture were looking rare. The floor was shining like a mirror, good enough to see your face in it. With no spot on the walls.

"We will show you the room. You can rest and meet everyone else later," he said as I instantly stopped him.

"I want to meet grandfather first. " I said to him and once again he gave me a pleasant smile and showed me the way with his hands gesturing.

I followed him, following his footsteps and surveying the surroundings and in a minute I was in a capsule glass elevator that gave a view of a huge ballroom.

We went up with him on the 9th floor which was the last button and the elevator opened in the huge hallway. We crossed over the long hallway and came to a huge wooden classic brown door as the door opened.

And the man gestured for me to walk inside.

It was nearly getting impossible to grasp everything as I saw the old man.  Half seated on the bed smiling at me. His hair was all white, his beard and mustache white. He was fair but looked paler because of the sickness.

I think.

And all the worries inside me shooked off me and somehow I felt a connection between.

Even though it was impossible and I was seeing him for the first time. I felt the vibe I once used to feel with my mother.

The same cheerful smile. Big enough to wash away a stressful day of a person. The same small eyes glitter like stars.

I felt a tear rolling down from me asking me to come back to my sense as I swiped them away from me and walked towards him.

"You look just like your mother," he said to me first thing and I smiled widely at him. And he smiled more with his ill and pale face. He extended his hand to me and I instantly took them in mine and sat on the floor on my knees while the helpers and the man in a suit ran to give me a chair and stools. But I refused, sitting on the floor, with his hand in mine.

"Will you share my burden with me? " he asked me in his squishy voice as I looked at his hand.

"Am I capable of something like that?" I asked him unable to believe in myself after being such a failure and loser in life.

And the old man laughed at this.

"You are the daughter of my daughter. Partially my blood. You have no idea what you are capable of." he said as I looked up at him now. "I know what happened with you. And I also know you don't believe in forgiveness after something so vile," he said and left my hand and kept it on my head patting me. "Stand taller than him. "
He said as he took his hands off me.
"That man," he said eyeing the man in the suit "Is my former secretary's son and only faithful man I believe in. Take his help. And carve your path. Don't need to follow mine or anyone's footsteps. Make your own way," he said to me and I nodded to him. "And if possible even marry him," he said in a joking tone and everyone started to laugh while I and the man got flustered at this. "I'm kidding, that boy likes other boys" he said and laughed again.

"Now go and prepare to shine. "

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, readers did the last part make you cringe too?? 😬😬