43. Forgiveness?

ROOHI

ROOHI.

 After ruining the lives of three people I have committed a crime. I came back to my mansion.

I wasn't happy or feeling better. The inside of me was bothering me. I wasn't regretting it. But how can I say I'm proud of it either?

"Take half a day's rest today. I will manage the company for today." I heard Jatin telling me as I nodded and went out of the car. Coming back to my mansion. I went to my grandfather's room and sat on the floor, lingering on his bed, near him.

"I completed my task Naanaji. I took my revenge on the three people I truly loved once. But I'm feeling more empty. I'm feeling more hollow from the inside. Even though It was heavy inside my chest. I was carrying it for two years, but now there is only a feeling of nothing inside. What can this emptiness be named?" I asked as I ended up in tears.

After that day in the hospital, I found out about everything. This is the first time I'm crying again in two years. The tears started to drip as I whimpered under my knees.

Why did I have to go through all of this suffering?  Why it has to be me to lose people in my life like this? Why?

"It's not your fault." Someone said from outside the door and I looked up at Jatin.

He came to me and sat beside me tight in his suit. And I laughed at him seeing him struggling like this.

"At least you smiled." He said and I stopped. "Don't bother too much. What you did was just what needed to be done," he said and I nodded. But he was getting continuous calls on his phone that he kept hanging up.

After a long time, when he cut it two or three times I looked at him.

"Your boyfriend?" I asked him as he nodded. "Then go and cheer him up. He must be more upset than me after you have cut three times " I said to him as he chuckled.

"We fought. He is calling to apologize."

"Then pick up stupid," I said as he shooked his head.

"It's too soon."

"What was it about? " I asked him as he smiled.

"Nothing. You remember I took the day off for spending time with him the day before yesterday. He went to his job."

"Seriously? How petty are you?"

"Look I'm not petty. I took a day off after three months and he went to his job."

"It might be important,"

"Something important than me?" He said getting offended as I hit him on his head.

"Yeah! When you won't have a job and money,  will he feed on you?" I said to him as he narrowed his eyes at me and pulled his tongue out.

"Get lost!!" I yelled at him "And now you go apologize to him." I said as he nodded and sadly left the room.

After everything, I gained a friend and brother in him. When I'm down he cheers me up,  when I'm worried he cheers me up,  just like a friend. And when I'm caught up in things he takes me out, when I need him he is there for me like a brother.

I got a brother and friend,  one like I always wanted. 

And then I got Naanaji like my parents. Now he is sick. But I still remember all his words when I'm in trouble. I might not know him for long. But when I'm doing something, I recite what might Naanaji would have done.

How come everything I don't get in 24 years,  I got here in few days?

I have got people who protect me. Not the Shekhawat name,  I have got a friend and brother who takes care of me, I have got a grandfather who shows me the path I must follow.
I have got a company that feels like I'm destined to have. I have got the support all together that I always craved.

The more life always felt incomplete and empty. The more it feels fulfilled.

"Ma'am there is a man outside at the guards,  causing a ruckus to meet you." Servant recalled me as I came out of my thoughts.

I stood up and nodded to her.

Going to the screen room. I greeted the management team who look after all the screens from here to headquarters.

"Who is it?" I said as the main man showed up in the view of the camera at the gate.

Rudram.

What is he here for? Forgiveness?

I started the mic that led to the main gate and spoke to him.

"Guards if you can't do your duty well I'll make sure to fire the security team." I said to the watch guards as they started to push him and took him out. But he was fighting back.

I could hear him yelling and screaming.

"Just a minute, please... Please... Roohi can you hear me... Please... Give me a minute."

And in a second they threw him away from the gate. What is he here for?

Asking to give him back everything. No,  never.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And BTW did you notice that I mentioned in the previous chapter about Heer and Vivaan, that they had a son together I left it a mystery in the epilogue of the Designated Bride. Or you all already forgot them??? :(