10. Let it go.

ROOHI.

"Roohi open the door. Roohi...let us come in..." Suman Aunty kept asking from outside as I was sitting on the floor relying on my bed with my head on my knees as I hugged my legs closer to my chest.

'I'm sorry maa... I'm sorry... I don't know if I did the right thing. I don't know if what I'm choosing is correct. But I had to. I didn't have any other option. Only if you and Dad would have been alive. I never would have been forced to marry like this.'

I said to myself as I kept crying. But then the door opened and I saw Rudram with a key. And Aunt behind him.

He came rashly towards me as he grabbed me by my arm and stood me up through them.

"Why are you crying? Did I hit you?  Did I burn you?  Did I try to kill you?  Why are you crying?!" he yelled at me as I shooked his hands away.

"Why do you care? I didn't ask you to come and check on me at midnight. So why are you bothering yourself just leave me alone!" I too yelled back at him. But he turned towards Suman Aunty as he asked her to leave us alone.

"I said leave me alone!" I yelled as he made Suman Aunty go away. Unwantedly.

"Don't try to act bitchy with me. I don't take the attitude that well," he said as he took a step ahead towards me, and since I had no space to step back. He ended up getting too close. I turned my face to the other side. "Don't try to act pitiful I'm giving you freedom in exchange for nothing. Do you know?  How much does it cost me to buy your freedom? The brother you are crying over, do you want to know the amount he asked in exchange for you?" he said to me over my face.

"You bought me?" I asked him. Directly looking into his eyes. Shocked by recently got information.

"I bought your freedom for you. Why are you crying over a relationship like that disgusting? You should be happy that you got a new name so you don't have to carry that pathetic one again." he said gritting his words.

"That disgusting relationship and the pathetic name is the only thing I have had for all these years. Which belonged to me. And now whatever you are giving me is yours.  And more of a burden for me." I too retorted back at him with the same arrogance. As he scoffed and smirked.

"Well then now that you know, that you owe me. Pay me back well. You are going to Bangalore for your further studies. It will take you four years. When you will come back we will get married right away. And don't expect me to be a husband. I have no intention of being one. I'm marrying you,  out of duty and the rule we have in our family. And of course for inheritance.  The earlier I will get married and give them an heir they will give me company. So don't delay anything. After you graduate I will only have two years for producing an heir and convincing them to give me company instead of someone else. And make sure if I hear about another man in your life, in these four years.  I will kill him first and register your death later." he again threaten me as he started to leave.

So just like that. Everything is decided.

"Since you have already decided everything. Tell me if I'm supposed to breathe or not?" I reverted him before he could leave the room. "This is what you call freedom. This is what you bought in the name of freedom. Do you not know the definition of freedom or is the concept 'freedom' isn't grasping for you?" I asked him with sarcasm as he pivoted towards me.

"I said not the attitude. Get ready by eight. You will be leaving at 8:30. And your caretakers won't go with you because of all the disrespect you showed me today. They are going back to their hometowns until you come back from Bangalore. This.is.your.punishment. " He left before I could say something back to him.

~

"I heard you are leaving... " Sukriti came running into my room. It was six in the morning and I was busy packing my things and I was almost done with half. "What about us? Who-who is going? "

"No one. "

"What?"

"You guys are going back. Not at Haveli, your homes. Until I come back. Make sure brothers never find out that you all are there. I'm sure they won't rest." I said holding back all my emotions as I tried to act tough when I was crumbling inside.

"What gibberish are you talking about?! We have never been apart for 15 years. What the hell do you mean you are going alone!?"

"Where is Suman Aunty?? "

"Stop ignoring my question!!" she yelled at me while I ignored her and kept packing my things.

"I'm sure it is not your decision. What is wrong?" she asked me holding me. Making me stop.

"How long are you all going to keep sticking to me like a leech? Don't act that you all care for me. I'm just a pitiful girl you are siding with to live in luxury. And now when you are supposed to go where you belong. It's hurting.  Isn't it?" I flipped on my emotions completing.

And said every mean word I can think of.

"You think you can fool me with your mean words. Try me. I know that saying these words is hurting you more than it is affecting me. Don't try to fool me?" she said almost making me break down.

But then I pushed her away.

I have to be bitch. I have to be one.

"Don't mistake that I'm some nice girl. After all my veins are full of my family's blood. I am more of an asshole than my brothers are. Now go back to your little muddy houses and crawl in your muddy fields to do farming. Get lost. "