04. Taken away.

ROOHI

ROOHI.

I ran away from the maze room as I saw Vanish on my way in the middle. He saw me running and his upset face turned into worries. He came to me running, I turned and ran to the other side. I took a different hallway and ran upstairs. I walked on the rooftop as I sat at the edge of the roof at the backside. Since there are people on the front side at the ground who can see me.

I looked out at the people who were happy and smiling.

I was here in this house I won't say I was happy but I still managed to steal some smiles from here and there. But what about where I am being taken away? Will there be something I can smile about? His face and his reaction were just like brothers. Or that even if was speaking words it felt like he was throwing arrows at me.

I don't want to go.

"Are you going to keep running from me? This won't hide the fact what you did." I heard a voice from behind that sounded like.

Vanish.

"What are you doing here? If someone will see you. They will bury you dead."

"He found out, didn't he?" He asked me randomly as I couldn't ignore the question so I nodded.

"He is quick-witted. I know I can't stop you from doing this. Because I didn't do what I should have. I should have asked him for your hand first," he said as my eyes widen and I stood too.

"You know you can never do it or say this in front of them? " I asked him as he nodded. "Vanish I know I'm cheating on you by marrying someone else-"

"I know your spot, Roohi. I didn't know where we were going until I reached your home. Or I would have at least told Rudram. So he wouldn't have agreed with them for me." he again say to me.

"Would he have?" I asked him as what I just saw a moment before didn't match well with what he was saying right now.

"He might come out as a jerk sometimes but he is not much of a jerk."

"Really?? He just threaten me that if I will look at you he will plug out the eyes of Suman Aunty," I asked him disagreeing with him.

"That's because he has an obsession with everything that is his!"

"That excuse doesn't make any ant less of a bad man. And being my boyfriend don't you feel hurt consoling me on that boss of yours?" I asked him getting mad at him as he laughed how can he laugh at this?

"You are cute,"

"Fuck you! Vanish." I hate him. Is he counseling me to make me believe that he is a nice guy? Yeah, he is. I just had a trailer for that.

I walked away from the roof, came down, and went into my room as it was filled with flowers. From up to down. Left to right. So many flowers.

I looked around at the flowers as-

"Woahh!!! "Sukriti screamed in my ear from behind. "Which one of the two send this?" she asked me still in my ears as wait. I didn't tell them that it was Vanish.

I turned back to ask her but she already answered me. "I saw him going on the roof after you," She said as I realized that she ran near one of the bouquets she handed me.

"This one has a card. Read it." She said as she forcefully handed me the card and asked me to read it.

I am sorry.
-R-

It was Rudram. He sends these many flowers in such a short time. When I was just on the rooftop for ten to fifteen minutes. As if instantly regretted what he did.

"What does it say?" she asked me as I looked at her.

"You are unlike these flowers. You are ugly," I said to her as she got confused.

"Who says that after buying so many flowers? She got angry as she stormed out of the room with anger. Not that she can do anything about this.

As I looked around.

What a mess.  What will I do with so many flowers? I roam around all the flowers and smelled each of them, I saw a box in the middle of one bouquet.

I took the box out as I opened it and it had a beautiful thin chain with a pendant necklace. The pendant had Ruby written on it.

Ruby?  Did it got delivered to the wrong address?  Why would it have someone else name?

"Roohi madam. Another helper asked me as I looked at her. And she told me that I was asked to be present in the chat room. I nodded.

I kept the box under the pillow as I walked towards the place everyone talks about stuff I saw everyone else was present there. I work inside and I saw Aarav Bhaiya was now standing.

"Engagement will be down now. Then we will send her with you. As you already said the wedding will be after four years. After she passes her graduation."

"There is more," Rudram said out of the blue before Bhaiya could have completed what he was saying.

"More?" Vimal Bhai asked already disagreeing with his eyes.

"I will change her name. I want it to be Ruby, not Roohi."He said and before he could continue I yelled.

"No!" before anyone could have said anything or agreed with this bullshit. I revolted. "It's my mother's name and the last thing I own I will never change it," I said to him as he looked at me astonished.

As he stood up and took a few steps ahead.

"Isn't your all mother's name Geetanjali?" He asked me as I realized what is this about.

He doesn't know who I am.

-------------------------------------------------------------