03. Maze in Haveli.

ROOHI

ROOHI.

"Roohi forget everything and everyone. You haven't crossed any line, haven't you? And who is that guy end everything with him right now." Aunty said to me as suddenly another helper of the house came and asked me to go where everyone left.

I nodded and I took Suman Aunty's hand in mine. And looked straight into her eyes. Which was filled with worries and tears. She was sweating like crazy before of all the tension in the surrounding as I asked her to calm down.

"Calm down Aunty. I haven't crossed any line with anyone. But -"

"There is no but Roohi we all know how trivial your brothers can be. And looking at the fact that Vimal Sir too get involved in this. We can't afford to make a single mistake. It's now very late forget everything and silence that guy. So that he won't show up anywhere to cause fuzz," she explained to me. I already know all the facts she didn't need to recite all of them for me. "Do you understand my words, angel? You should see this as an opportunity to run away from this jail. And you are getting a new beginning, you should seize the time." she again did the same thing as she patted my head like a kid. I couldn't control but teared up. She swiped those tears off me and then gave me another huge smile. "He seems like a nice man. I'm sure he will keep you very happy," she said as Sukriti came from behind and hugged me.

"Does this means you have to leave?" She asked me as I grabbed her hand and got out of her circle and nodded.
"I won't say I'm happy for you. But I won't say I'm sad either," she said as I chuckled at her cuteness, I then left and walked where everyone can be.

Passing through the long hallway to the left wing to the other side, I reached the place brother and his men always discuss business and work. They were here as bhaiya was appointing a male and female caretaker for each of the members. I witnessed Vanish. Who was sitting there with wrath as he witnessed me I saw that his eyes were red with fury while his face was flushed with frustration for keeping all the anger inside.

And then I saw the other man as he was doing something on his phone and then him. The main man.

A key to freedom. Time to run away from this misery I was locked up, kept for all these years. Is he?

Everyone where here but the elders now had left. The man who was talking about the deals earlier and Vimal Bhai.

"Roohi! Go and show Rudram around the Have-"

"No need, I saw it earlier." He cut him. He cut his brother off. And even denied him.

Rudram?

My eyes went to see him and I ended up locking eyes with him. But I instantly took them away from me.

"But I have heard this Haveli has a maze room of mirrors. I want to go there." he again continued as brother nodded.

"Sure it's one of the most amazing parts of our Haveli," Brother told him as he passed me a glare to make sure I behave. While Rudram stood and started to leave with me, I looked back at Vanish. Who was passing me a cold glare?

As I was leaving with him.

We walked through the corridor silently I opened the door and he walked inside. I grabbed his wrist to stop him before he gets lost in it. He looked back at me, his eyes settling on me and suddenly this confused room started to feel colder than Rajasthan has ever been in winter, I picked up the chalk we kids have kept in the corner of doors.

"We have to mark the floor where we are walking or we will get lost," I told him as he looked at the chalk and nodded. I gave him the chalk, as I  walked inside and marked it down at a little distance. He did not do the same. But then he stood and looked around the entire area.

"Why did you agree on the spot when you didn't want the marriage?" He asked me out of the blue, I flinched back but then I tried to hold myself. Living with Aarav Bhaiya has made me scared of all men I know.

"You don't have to lie. Because even if I am not looking at you. I can see you in here," He said as he patted on the mirror.

I gulped down the nervousness in me, I started to speak. "I barely know you. How can I just be ready instantly," I told him and he laughed and the entire mirror showed his scary chuckle, ringing in the room.

"Is that the only reason? Maybe not more? Something related to you continuously seeking glances of my advisor?" he asked me as I instantly looked up at him as I was confused with one of them was really out of so many reflections.

"I thought it was weird. How he asked me to spare him some time and then you both come together after some time difference. We were both out to meet each other. He did say that he wanted me to meet someone this time during my visit to Jaipur. But I didn't know it will be my fiance," he said as he passed a shivering eye. I was terrified inside and out.

"You have got it wrong -" Before I could complete he interrupted.

"I might not know you well but I know my friend well. I can read his face even with my eyes close," he said to me as breathing in here got harder for me as panic took over me.

"Look-look... What we had was--before any-"

"I'm not saying I have a problem with what you had. I'm saying you can't continue this," he said as something inside relieved me all the panic went away in a snap and I took a deep breath of relief but then suddenly a pair of hands grabbed me, I saw his face up right from mine as his eyes were furious with his face red.

"So once again I see those glaring and staring. I will take away the eyes of that woman who looks after you. Your little shuttle." he said as he released me while I flinched back and tears escape me.

Freedom. Key. Bullshit.

I thought to myself as I ran away from the mage room following the directions.