Chapter 24

"She's going to America."

"Follow her. Do not let her out of your sight. You've already disappointed me enough."

"Of course, sir."

Gotenshi left the prison in a more sour mood than when he had come. He hadn't been able to get his target alone for the past five days. He was beginning to get restless. And to top it off, the boss was even more pissed than when she'd found out he had failed to kill Haruhi Fujiouka.

Now he had to go all the way to America. Ugh, and to the armpit of it: Louisiana. Oh well. The boss had paid for the trip, so he really shouldn't be complaining. Besides, he got to do his favorite task: killing the stupid, innocent people who always got in the way.

But, he had to admit... Haruhi Fujiouka was quite appealing. He liked her big eyes and supple lips, and he especially liked the way her petite body moved. Killing her would be the most wonderful pleasure. However, nobody ever said he couldn't have a little fun with her.

Now was his favorite game--stalking the prey. Waiting in the shadows for her to get alone. Then he would close in for the kill.

It's just this one would take forever. It's worth the wait, he decided. She's so worth it. I can hardly wait to feel her last breaths.

---

Huffing out a breath, she got up and paced in her cell. She hated prison. The food was terrible, she could only access her money through a lawyer who couldn't bail her out until a year later, and the ugly orange jumpsuits were not working for her. Overall, it was possibly the worst place on Earth.

Suddenly she stopped and smirked. It'll be worth it once Gotenshi kills that bitch Haruhi. God, she thinks she's so smart. Stealing my Tamaki. Punching me in the face. Hate burned through her. I can't wait to hear about your funeral. Then my poor, broken Tamaki will come crawling back to me.

Kayli felt the insane smile pull at her lips as she stepped into the moonlight from her one barred-in window. "You're so dead."

"Who are you talking about?"

Kayli scowled at her cell mate. She was burly and had a boy-cut, but it seemed like she might have been pretty at one time. Tattoos covered her body. "What?" Kayli snapped.

"Who are you going to kill?" the woman asked, her voice scratchy from cigarettes. (She smelled awful.)

Kayli frowned angrily. "A bitch who isn't worth my time. That's why I hired an assassin. She took my one and only true love from me. Even made him lie to me."

The woman chuckled. The sound was ugly, like someone was gurgling oil. "True love? What do you know about that, girly?"

Kayli flipped her the bird. "I know plenty. I know he loved it when I fucked him."

The woman shook her head. "Who's him?" she inquired, leaning her arms on her knees.

"Tamaki Suoh," Kayli answered proudly.

"You mean the rich kid? Shizue's kid?"

"Yeah," she responded. "How did you know?"

"Honey, I got put in here for raping that little boy."