Chapter 12

He didn't know. It had just suddenly showed up. The bravery. Before he knew it, the words came tumbling out.

"Can I kiss you?" he blurted.

Haruhi's face went bright red, the heart monitor beeping faster than it ever had. "W-whut?" she stuttered.

Tamaki grinned, feeling the bravery continue to take over. He reached out and cupped her cheek, stroking her warm skin with his thumb. He gazed at her, wishing to tell her with his eyes how much he wanted her at that very moment. "Haruhi Fujiouka, may I kiss you?" he breathed.

"I--" Haruhi swallowed. "I, um," she mumbled, glancing back and forth between his eyes and his mouth. "I don't..."

Tamaki's host self came out. He knew the best way to get to Haruhi was through to her heart, and the best way to do that was to show he loved her. So, on the spot, he, quite nervously, recited a poem.

"Amazing and beautiful
not a flower or a tree
Much prettier than that
and only I can see."

Haruhi's eyes went wide. He continued:

"Loving and caring
right down to the core
Filling me with happiness
and so much more."

He watched tears grow in her eyes, but was unable to stop.

"Eyes are so stunning
cannot look away
Gorgeous and shining
all throughout the day."

He cupped her other cheek and, holding her face between his hands, recited the final verse.

"Here in your arms
is where I belong
The beating of your heart
is like a beautiful song."

Haruhi blinked and smiled. "Yes," she whispered.

Tamaki's heart felt light as a brilliant smile crossed his lips. Gently, he cradled her head in his hands, being sure not to touch her wound. Haruhi's eyes fluttered shut as he leaned in. Closed his eyes. Parted his lips.

And kissed Haruhi Fujiouka.

Her lips were dry but warm as they pressed against his. He hadn't known what he'd expected, but it was better than any kiss he'd ever had. Even from when she had...

Tamaki shuddered the tiniest bit from the memory, but he shoved it away and kissed Haruhi with all of his heart. One of her hands came to grip his wrist weakly as their lips moved together in sync.

Gently, sweetly, he broke of the kiss with a low sigh. The heart monitor was fast, but he could barely hear it. He was way too caught up in the girl of his dreams.

"Whoa," Haruhi sighed, blinking up at him with those big, innocent brown eyes. "I hd a dream bout yu," she mumbled suddenly. Apparently the morphine still hadn't worn off, even after their spectacular kiss.

Tamaki grinned. "What did you dream?" he whispered.

"Yu kissed me," she admitted with a blush. "Nd we, um..." Her whole body seemed to flush all at once, her muscles tensing with the memory. Tamaki knew where this was going.

To save her from further embarrassment, he kissed her again. It was meant to be a quick, sweet kiss, but once again he got caught up in her.

Suddenly, a knock came at the door. They broke away and stared at it. "Come in," Tamaki said after a second, releasing Haruhi.

Rei walked in with a look of stage fright on her face. "H-hey, Haruhi," she said. "Am I, uh, interrupting anything?"

Haruhi, looking a little dazed, shook her head enough to notice it meant no.

"Can I sit?" She nodded and Rei say in the chair next to Tamaki.

"So whut's wrng?" Haruhi mumbled.

Rei suddenly stared at Haruhi curiously, as if she were trying to figure out where she was from. "What's your last name?" she asked finally.

Tamaki's eyebrows grew together. What did that have to do with anything? "Fujiouka," Haruhi answered, obviously doing her best to answer clearly.

Rei blanched. "Fujiouka?" she echoed. "As in Ryoji Fujiouka?"

Haruhi nodded. "S'my dad," she mumbled. "Oh," Haruhi suddenly gasped. "Yur Mum's sistr!"

<><><><><><>
A/N: OKAY you should know that I didn't make that poem. I got it from a website I can't remember. But I just wanted to specify that I didn't do that; I don't take credit for people's work.

Anyway, I hope everyone liked this one. I ran into a lot of writer's block. And by the way, I wanted to dedicate this part to Satanicstarfish! Love you best friend!