Chapter 16

OKAY since I obviously fucked up in the last Tamaki chapter, I'll do my best to fix it. Vote or comment!
<><><><>

Tamaki broke away from Kayli with a choked gasp. What the hell was he doing?! No. He wasn't in love with Kayli. He never was! What the hell made him think that?!

Kayli frowned. "What's wrong?" She rested her hands on her hips, gun still in hand.

Tamaki blinked. Wait. Stop. Get the gun. "Love" her. Tamaki smiled gently. "Nothing, I just couldn't breathe." He hoped to whatever God would listen that she didn't notice the nervousness in his voice. "Kayli, baby, will you give me the gun?" he whispered. "You're scaring everyone," he added.

Kayli blinked and looked around. "What?" she mumbled to herself. She looked down at the gun suddenly, mortified. She screamed and dropped it, kicking it far away from her. Tamaki knew Kayli hated guns; it was what destroyed her life. He stepped forward and brought her into a comforting embrace, mouthing to the host club to grab the gun and go to Haruhi. Kyoya pushed his glasses up and discreetly directed Takashi to pick it up, the Strong and Silent Type doing as he was told, well...silently.

"Oh, Tamaki," Kayli sobbed. "What happened? What did I do? Did I hurt anybody?" she gasped, staring up into his eyes. He didn't get a chance to answer before she was babbling again. "Oh, God, I can't believe what I've done. I almost killed Shizue! Oh, God, oh, God..."

Tamaki rubbed Kayli's back affectionately, assuring her that everything would be alright. But what really plagued his mind was Haruhi. What would she do when she found out? That he had... Tamaki mentally shook himself. If he kept thinking about things that depressed him, he would end up going insane.

Quietly, everyone aside from his grandmother, Kayli and the doctor left. Tamaki glanced at the doctor--Dr. Xi--apologetically. Kayli was still sobbing in his arms, squeezing his torso tightly. Tamaki almost puked. He'd rather have Haruhi in his arms. Rather have the feel of her lips right then than the feel of Kayli's. Wait, what?!

Tamaki pulled back from Kayli, startled at her sudden intrusion. "Kayli, what are you doing?" he whispered, his grip on her beginning to loosen with the memory of how much he really hated her.

Kayli blinked. "You seemed to have no problem kissing me a second ago," she muttered, gazing at him lovingly. "What's wrong?"

Tamaki flushed out of anger, but hoped she took it as embarrassment. "I'm not really comfortable...doing that in front of these people," he replied, choosing his words carefully. If he said something that would lead her to believe he was in fact lying to her, she would probably go off. She was like a loaded canon. It was one of the reasons he left her.

And she was absolutely fucking insane.

Kayli smiled, but in contrast, Tamaki frowned. "Kayli, you know you'll have to be charged for this," he whispered, rubbing her arms, keeping her at a safe distance.

Kayli grimaced. "Will you be with me at the, uh, trial?"

Tamaki almost rolled his eyes, but he decided to sigh instead. "I don't know," he answered honestly. It all depended on his grandmother and Haruhi.

"I love you," Kayli smiled, seeming to be relieved as she stepped into his arms again.

Tamaki fell silent. He couldn't lie to her anymore. He wasn't going to hurt her even more. He just rested his chin on her pretty blond head and rubbed her back in circles.

-&-

Dr. Xi kicked them out.

Kayli complained a lot while Tamaki sat in a chair, contemplating, well, life. Would his grandmother ever get better? Would Haruhi ever forgive him? What about the host club? None of them liked Kayli to begin with... But they would understand, right? Takashi and Honey are graduating, he thought with grim reality. I'll have to audition more hosts. And what about the deal with Haruhi's aunt?

Tamaki sighed and dragged a hand over his face. So. Many. Problems.