"Thank you." I said bowing down.

"I'll get going now." He said while smiling at us.

I closed the door and looked back when I found the other girl staring at me, especially my luggage.

"You Indian?" She asks in English.

I nod my head observing her beautiful face. She was a perfect example of....Korean beauty standards.

Her eyes were brown and had double eye lids. Her hair beautifully woven into a messy bun.

Her face had a subtle hint of makeup; seems that she came back from work. The idea of seeing her dressed in a hoody and sweat pants made it clear that she prefers to dress cozy at home.

Well...everyone does that but still. She seemed different.

"Let me show your room." She walked past me through the living room and stopped before a room with a dark brown door.

She opens the door revealing a beautiful bed. That's what I saw first. The apartment was quite different from the lobby; it rather looked bright and airy.

The ample amount of sunlight entering the window panes made the room look even brighter.

There was absolutely no need to use lights during daytime. Saves the electricity bill. Ha!

My room had a bed, study table, chair and also a bed-side table. The windows were covered with beautiful white curtains.

The room was painted in white so it reflected more light. It looked so beautiful.

"The bathroom is outside; if you need to freshen up and....do you know how to cook?" She asked me scratching her neck.

"I do." I answered looking out the window.

"Great then. Buying groceries is my job my job and cooking is yours. You'll do the laundry and I'll take care of dishes. Agree with that?" She asked being straightforward.

Damn...I like her attitude now. "Yes." I replied.

"But what about house cleaning?" I asked as we didn't have any chore left to share.

"Oh that. We can manage together." She said.

"Sure we can." I said smiling awkwardly of how she's bossing around since day one.

"By the way, I am Hye Jin." She moved her hand forward for a handshake.

'What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.' I thought.

"I am Sara. Nice to meet you." I said shaking hands.

......

Time skipped. It was almost evening and dinner time. I came out of the room after unpacking my stuff.

Hye jin was sitting on the couch, watching T.V.

"You up?" She asks decreasing the volume. I nod my head.

"What do you wanna eat for dinner?" She asks again.

Yes. Dinner...I've been starving since morning. I practically survived for 8 hours without eating. Woah...What a record!

"How about we eat something nice?" I ask.

"Nice? Like what?" She asks again.

"Something like... Gimbap?" I said after a long thought.

[This is Gimbap by the way

[This is Gimbap by the way.]

"Okay, so Gimbap is nice for you?" She said with a 'why so dumb' look on her face.

'Uhh....dumbo...It's so basic for Koreans to have Gimbap.' I slapped myself mentally.

"Uhhh...uh...Chicken Wings then?" I gave it another try.

"Good. You can make chicken wings?" She said in awe.

"Wait. I'm gonna cook?" I ask, astonished. She nods her head in a serious posture.

"I thought we were...." I stumble upon my words. God. I didn't know how to make Chicken Wings. What am I gonna do if she tells me to cook that? I mean, not like I can't deny. But...

"Okay then. Cook." She orders.

"Spicy Chicken Wings then. I can give it a try and...but...I can't....."

And then, she bursts out laughing as I move forward for my confession and says,

"Damn. You're such an obedient kid. Of course we're going to the restaurant. I can't make you cook on day one."

"Are you for real?" I gave a sigh of relief.

"Go, get ready. The restaurants are power-packed on Wednesdays.

Author's note:

Hello! Since it's difficult for me to mention when a person speaks in Korean at sometimes, I have decided to add a (in Korean) bracket before the sentences that are in Korean. It helps me save time and I hope you are comfortable reading that.

Thank you!

___________________________________________

Word count: 1261
___________________________________________