What do you think you're doing little Keigo?

Almost immediately he felt his shoulder tense up as the hero looked up into the clear glass only to see the president's reflection staring back at him, her eyes twisting with displeasure.

Shit, why was he imagining this now?

Was it this guilty conscious firing back because he thought about skipping?

Shaking his head at the imaginary woman, Hawks' fingers began to tighten around his phone as another notification buzzed into the space. No, he wasn't doing anything wrong. He just wanted to help his sister.

She doesn't need your help. She doesn't need someone useless like you.

At the cruel words, Hawks gritted his teeth. Perhaps that was true, but he had to try. For her, he had to. Overwise he knew he would lose his sister for the second time. And he refused for that to happen.

Another as he said that, his phone began to buzz once more as the president's cruel tongue chanted back to him over and over again, breaking his sanity by the second.

Answer it.

Answer it.

Answer it.

Feeling the sweat pour down his forehead, Hawks shook his head, his feet still unmoving as the invisible voice grew to the screaming shout, shattering his eardrums as a couple tears leaked from his eyes.

Yet for the first time, Keigo countered back.

No, I'm not leaving her alone!

The bird then forced his hands upwards as he slammed his phone down onto the floor, the object shattering into a million pieces beneath his feet.

And after that, there was only silence.

Gone were the taunting voices and overstimulating buzzing noises from the object. Now Hawks was only left with his shaking breath and watery eyes, staring at the pieces of metal with disbelief.

He had just disagreed with the president

He had just disagreed with his own demons.

And he had won.

-----------

Yawning once, Hikari felt herself roll out of bed before a wave of shame immediately washed over her as last night's events replayed through her.

Damn it, the last thing she wanted was for Kei to see her cry like a pathetic baby and yet she had done just that. Hell, she even poured out her heart like an idiot as well. Just what has gotten into her? She didn't like it.

Things were getting a little too comfortable for her liking.

Just then, images of that skeezy man's touch from last night appeared across her body, causing Hikari to immediately cradle her arms into a ball as she tried to shake away a shiver. All this talk last night was seriously opening up some old wounds. Just great.

So much so, the girl felt herself quickly stand before heading towards the living room in order to get her mind off it. Hawks would be out anyways, like he always was during the day so that meant more silence and more time to think about her disaster of a life.

And that's the last thing she wanted right now.

Sighing to herself, the girl then turned the corner only to pause at the sight before her.

Standing there was her goofy brother, next to a large blanket fort littered with pillows and lights that took up the entire living room, his eyes softening at the sight of her. "Ah sorry, Hika-chan. I was trying to finish this before ya woke up. It was going to be surprise."