Chapter # 13 💫

Start from the beginning

His eyes focused on her red nose but before he can move forward, she was already killing him with her gaze.

Her throbbing button nose was forgotten as soon as she heard that voice and snapped those doe eyes that glare at his soul with frustration that he can even detect from her deadly tone.

"Wajah Shareef,"

"Because you are so careless and can get hurt,"

"You seriously didn't say that to me,"

"Oh, I did,"

Murad was amused by her nonchalant and pissed attitude, it was new for him. But he thoroughly enjoyed it, and Mannat wanted to commit murder.

"And do you realize that it's always you who comes in my way? And not the other way around. Us hisaab se toh ap par ban lagna chahiye. Ban rehne dein ap ankhein aur dimagh check karwaye. Aye bade ban lagane wale,"

He was stunned for a moment because this was a new avatar of Mannat Hamdani for him.

"Feisty in the afternoon? Who pissed you?"

Raising an eyebrow, he inquire with an amused smile. Not knowing if she answered or not but again Mannat surprised him with a response.

"Jannat and someone who thinks they can ban people because they don't know how to walk on stairs,"

"I don't know should I scold Jannat or thank her for this,"

His eyes shone with an evil glint but he chuckled when the intensity of her glare increased and he put his hand up as if surrendering, but the teasing tone was not missed by her.

"Geez, woman you can glare. Anyway phone Mila kya? Or it's still ringing?"

"Are you making fun of me?"

Her mind went back to the night one week ago when he confessed his love and almost killed her with shock. She spends the whole next week avoiding him and Murad spends each moment teasing her or enjoying her shyness.

But pissed off Mannat was not coming slow, all shyness and hesitation fly away when she narrowed her eyes and Murad almost chuckled at her adorable reaction.

"Who? Me? No! I wouldn't dare... But I can help you find it though,"

"You are making fun of me,"

This time it was not a question but rather a statement, but he just looked at her with a teasing smile that only irritated her.

"And what if I am Mano?"

"Then you shouldn't because I have people who won't hesitate to punch you,"

"I thought you don't need bodyguards to handle me,"

It took her a moment to respond as she realized he used her words against her. But it was like she didn't want to lose this battle of words with him.

The smug grin on his lips and the glint in his eyes were so annoying to her, all she wants was to punch him in his guts. Because this man was testing her patience for the past few months.

She thought he not loving her will be the worst thing for her heart and life. But this Murad, the teasing, smiling, charming, and confessing Murad was lethal and frustrating for her stubborn heart.

Matching the challenge in his eyes and the smile on his lips, she looks directly into his eyes and it was enough to send the poor organ in his chest to go crazy.

"I don't. But if it gets the message across then I won't mind a little help,"

"Your little army of bodyguards don't scare me,"