Best Friends

The putrid smell clogged Blythe's nose. She had a run-in with the smell before but this was different. The grey wolf creature was right on top of her panting in her face.

Blythe punched the beast in the jaw causing it to howl and fall off of her. She grabbed a sharp stick next to her with the intention to stab the beast with it. But the minute she raised her arm she heard a voice.

Don't kill me! Blythe knew this voice. It was a unique voice and she knew exactly who it belonged to.

"Leah?" Blythe dropped the stick in horror of what she was going to do.

Best friends, my ass. I guess being a bloodsucker really has changed you. Leah rolled onto her paws and shook out her beautiful grey fur.

Blythe jumped to her feet and furrowed her brows. "I'm the one who changed? You tried to kill me."

You attacked first. Leah wasn't incorrect. Blythe had seen a random, unknown wolf walking around and knocked in on its back.

To be fair, the shifters had declared war on the Cullen family because Jacob had alerted them of the demon baby. Blythe was just trying to snuff out anyone who had come to hurt the family. Everyone was on edge and worried about what stunt the shifters would pull.

"Things around here have been tense and we're preparing for an attack of some sort," Blythe said.

"Leah, why are you here?" The voice of a child came from behind Blythe. She turned around to see a boy who she wasn't immediately familiar with. But after a second she remembered him.

"Seth?" Blythe furrowed her brows. "What are you doing here?"

"They are here to join my nonexistent pack," Jacob grumbled. When he spoke he had his eyes to the floor. He knew better than to look Blythe in the eyes. She had attempted to gouge his out once when she caught him disrespecting her girlfriend.

Could I borrow your jacket? Blythe removed her jacket and threw it at Leah which practically knocked her off of her feet. Gee, thanks Jackass.

"Sometimes I underestimate my strength." Blythe shrugged, unapologetically.

"Could you get some actual clothes for me?" Leah was suddenly back to standing on two feet.

Blythe didn't even have to move a muscle. Gabrielle came out holding a pair of clothes for Leah. "Esme sent me to give this to you..."

Leah eyed the small girl suspiciously, still not trusting of vampires. Blythe rolled her eyes, grabbed the clothes, and gave them to Leah. "Bree, this is my... friend Leah. Leah this is-"

"I'm Bree, her little sister." Gabrielle introduced herself, timidly. Blythe smiled and wrapped her arm around the young immortal. Blythe had become more like a sisterly figure to Gabrielle. Especially with all that they had gone through together, they were bonded for life.

"Seth?" Jacob asked, worriedly. Everyone looked at the boy who was just staring at Gabrielle. Gabrielle hid behind Blythe, fearing that the boy might have tried to attack her or something.

"Please don't tell me..." Leah sighed and shook her head.

"What's happening?" Blythe asked, concerned for Gabrielle's safety.

"Seth has imprinted on the kid," Jacob answered.

-----

Just to clear up any possible confusion, in the series, Seth was 14-15 and Bree was 15.

Thank you for reading, see you next chapter.