Clues

Don't forget to comment and vote.

------

"Baby, you are too small for those." Rosalie bent over to pick up the golden heels that the toddler tried to slip onto her feet.

"I wan it." Kayli pouted as she reached for Rosalie's shoes.

Rosalie threw her shoes to the side and grabbed much smaller ones. Pink flats decorated with a bow. To her, the shoes were completely ugly but those were the shoes that Kayli came over with. She figured she'd have to go shopping for Kayli and find some prettier shoes for her.

"I know you do but those will hurt your pretty little feet. How about you put on your own shoes?" Rosalie presented the tiny shoes to the pouting child.

Tears were welling up in Kayli's eyes as she was beginning to cry for the heels. But her attention was easily distracted by the other pair of shoes displayed in front of her.

"Shoe?" Kayli's pout twisted into a small smile. She grabbed the shoes and looked at them.

"These ones. You like them don't you?" Kayli nodded in response and hit her foot with it. Rosalie grabbed the shoe and slipped it onto Kayli's tiny foot.

"Yay! Pretty!" Kayli clapped and beamed. Rosalie laughed and slipped on the other shoe. Rosalie picked Kayli up and smiled once the child kissed her cheek.

Rosalie's ears tuned into the gentle footsteps of someone coming toward her room. The smell of Bella filled her nose and she grimaced. She didn't want her time with Kayli to end.

"How's Kayli holding up?" Bella stood a foot outside of Rosalie's room. She knew that the blonde still wasn't fond of her. Even if Rosalie no longer voiced it.

"She's okay. A little more stubborn than the last time I saw her." Rosalie said.

Bella laughed, knowing just how stubborn Kayli had become. "Charlie's spoiling her."

The child had been in the care of Bella and her father for a few weeks. Kayli's mother had run off and wasn't returning any of Charlie's calls. Not that he minded, he loved the small child.

"Blythe would love that." Rosalie smiled. Kayli looked at Rosalie at the mention of her older sister.

Bella scratched her arm awkwardly. She often thought about her sister. Yet she refused to say her name. She was afraid that the name would taste like acid coming out of her mouth. "We don't really talk about her. It hurts Charlie too much but I think Kayli is a welcomed reminder." Kayli reminded everyone of Blythe. Everyone knew how much Blythe cared for Kayli.

Rosalie frowned at hearing the fact that Blythe's family didn't talk about her. "What does he think happened to her?"

Bella looked down at her shoes, blinking back any tears that threatened to come forward. "Um... he... he thinks she ran away due to the note she left behind." Charlie and Bella had discovered a note taped on Charlie's car the morning after Blythe's sudden disappearance.

"Note?" This was Rosalie's first time hearing about a note.

Bella tucked her arm behind her ear and nodded. "Edward and Alice didn't tell you?"

"No, they didn't," Rosalie growled. She could hear someone else coming toward them. She could tell by the sweet scent of vanilla that it was Esme.

"Bella, you should probably head home," Esme said sweetly. She heard the whole conversation. Carlisle told her to make sure that Bella and Kayli were out of the house just in case Rosalie blew up.