Hostility

Blythe dodged the series of fists that came toward her. "Don't swing your fists at me all at once. Sure it creates an ambush but it also is easier for me to grab your fist and swing you into the wall."

"Like you did Palo?" Gabrielle nodded.

"I heard that," Palo grumbled from the distance.

Gabrielle just rolled her eyes and started to push her fists out, but slower and one at a time. "I meant no harm, I was just telling it how it is."

"Say it to my face then." Palo speeded in front of Gabrielle. The man easily toward over her, he had to be at least 6'3.

Gabrielle just straightened her back, getting ready to speak when Blythe suddenly pulled Palo back. Her grip caused a slight crack in his skin as she pulled him back from Gabrielle.

Blythe felt no need to scold Gabrielle in public, so she did so in private. Bree, can you try not to pick fights with grown men?

Why is he picking a fight with me? The younger girl fumed but she stood down. Everyone else in the room watched the altercation with tense eyes.

It wasn't the first time Blythe had to intervene in a fight between two members. But never had they seen such a tense moment as this. Palo, knowing that he had an audience, wasn't so quick to stand down. He still had his fists balled and eyes trained on Gabrielle.

"Don't lay a hand on her," Blythe said calmly. She knew the control she had. She didn't need to yell to get her message across.

Everyone in the room was a bit shocked that Blythe was being so protective over Gabrielle. They knew that Blythe and the youngest girl had been closer to each other than they were to the others. But they underestimated the friendship.

They knew that Gabrielle used to be whisked away by Riley every so often, and she only stopped leaving once Blythe started visiting. But there was a disgusting rumor that Riley and Gabrielle were being intimate and things ended. They thought that Blythe had been Riley's new toy instead.

"Got it, Captain," Palo said through gritted teeth. Even though he said that he backed down he still seemed a little tense.

"Breathe, Palo. Before you lose an arm." Blythe ordered, making her grip on his arm slightly tighter.

It wouldn't have been the first time that Palo lost his arm, and it wouldn't be the first time that Blythe took it from him. But after the first time that he challenged her when he didn't know who she was, he never wanted to do it again.

"What's with all the hostility?" Riley asked. "Do we have a problem here?"

Both Blythe and Palo ignored him. Palo turned to Blythe, they made eye contact as they waited for the other one to speak up. This bitch better not say yes.

Blythe was a little startled. Palo was speaking but he didn't move his lips. He snarled at her feeling an intrusion of some sense when she looked into his eyes. But Blythe barely even blinked.

Damn it, Riley will kill me if she doesn't speak up.

Blythe didn't spare Riley a single glance as she spoke, she mainly kept staring at Palo. Not wanting to look away to show weakness. It was the reason why neither of them looked away from each other. Not even for a split second.

"Everything is fine." She told Riley. In fact, everything was perfect, she now knew that her abilities weren't just limited to Gabrielle. She didn't know exactly the perimeters and restrictions of her new-found abilities but she would figure it out.

She just had to figure out she accessed his thoughts.

"Everything is fine, right Palo?" Blythe crossed her arms and shifted her weight onto one hip. She was challenging him to say anything different.

I've been spared by the General, lucky me. Palo clenched his jaw and turned to Riley, causing everyone in the room to finally relax. The fight was over. "Everything is just fine, Riley."

Riley didn't seem to care for his answer. He sinisterly smiled, a smile Blythe often saw once he challenged her to a spar. Luckily she had never lost any limbs but she could tell that Palo would. "I sense some kind of sarcasm there. Are you being sarcastic, Boy?"

"He's not." Blythe took a step in between Palo and Riley.

What the hell is she doing? Palo thought, he seemed surprised and stunned by the action.

What the hell are you doing? Gabrielle yelled at Blythe. She knew that, while skilled, Blythe wouldn't be able to beat Riley. At least not, currently.

"What the hell are you doing?" Riley snarled. He didn't hesitate to step forward, practically breathing into Blythe's face.

"Making sure the message gets across," Blythe said. "Nothing is wrong, Riley, there's no need for you to be here. Training isn't over, yet."

"It is now." Riley snarled. "Let's go."