Eclipse: The Sun

Blythe Swan looked up at the beautiful blue sky. The powerful rays of the sun lit up the sky, showcasing a beautiful hue of blue. It had been ages since Blythe had seen a sky like that. There wasn't a single cloud in sight. The only thing that decorated the sky was the big yellow ball of light.

"Your father is going to be upset with you for staying out past your curfew." Rosalie Hale murmured against her lover's hand.

Her pink lips were pressed against Blythe's palm as she grounded herself. Rosalie's weird fascination with her arm, specifically the soft feeling of her palm was a bit weird to Blythe.

The blonde had been acting as if Blythe was bound to disappear.

Blythe moved her gaze from the sky to her mate. In the sun her mate looked extraordinarily beautiful. The light from the sun reflected off of Rosalie, letting thousands of colors bounce off of her cold skin.

"I'll just tell him that we lost track of time. He'll understand." Blythe smiled once she thought about the fact that her father approved of Rosalie.

Blythe had never been one to particularly care about her parent's permission, but it warmed her heart to know that Rosalie was accepted. By not only her father but her mother as well.

Renee never stopped talking about meeting again. Due to the circumstances of the first time Renee and Rosalie met they couldn't talk one on one. Renee had a lot of questions she wanted to ask Rosalie. Blythe was certain that majority of the questions would end up embarrassing her.

"Does my skin ever bother you?" Rosalie asked.

She released Blythe's hand and instead placed her own over Blythe's heart. She smiled once she felt the human's heart vibrate in her chest. It was oddly calm, letting Rosalie know that Blythe was calm and content.

"You shimmer like a glitter stick. There's no reason why it would bother me." Blythe's response made Rosalie laugh. Something that she couldn't do in ages.

"A glitter stick?" Rosalie found Blythe's description to be hilarious. She had yet to hear a description such as that.

Though Blythe's human eyes probably were having a hard time explaining with it actually were seeing.

To Blythe, Rosalie probably looked like she rolled around in glue and glitter flakes.

"Would you like me to be more specific?" Blythe continued once Rosalie nodded with a small hum. "You shine like a thousand broken shards of glass hitting the light at a perfect angle. You shine like an angel coming down from Heaven on a mission to collect the purest soul on Earth."

Rosalie's words were failing her. She couldn't help but search Blythe's brown eyes finding nothing but love and sincerity. Rosalie moved her palm from the human's chest to her cheek. Her cold pale hand contrasted against Blythe's warm brown flesh.

Blythe closed her eyes and smiled. Her heart fluttered once Rosalie's thumb started gently brushing against her cheek. Despite the temperature of Rosalie's body, she didn't feel cold. It was hard to feel cold when she was filled with the warmth that Rosalie's love gave.

She gave so much of it.

Unable to look into Blythe's eyes, Rosalie's attention was brought back to the conversation they were previously having. "Those are very specific descriptions."

"Your skin doesn't bother me." Blythe clarified. Rosalie smiled even wider than she previously was.

This is all she wanted, all she needed. She would have loved to bask in it for a little while longer. But she knew she didn't have much time.