Chapter 20: New Job?

Kai's Pov

It's been a few days since the incident happened. Ai will be discharged tomorrow. Not a lot has changed, though, except for one particular thing. Well, a request from the president is more like an order.

"You'll become Ai's bodyguard. And you'll be living with her."

"WHAT?!!"

I screamed, making the whole hospital shake. He can't be kidding, right?

"You'll be living with Ai. You got that?" said President.

"Why me?! How about Ai?" I asked in confusion. Living with Ai in the same house makes me think twice, though. But I have my privacy, and so did Ai. He can't just force Ai to let me live at her house, right?

I looked at Ai, hoping she would protest at the very least. She looked away from me nervously.

"Ermm.... Actually, I'm the one who suggested it......" said Ai with a silly tone. This makes me a little bit flustered.

"You heard her. Also, this is for her protection. You're Hero. Isn't Hero always protecting people who can't protect themselves, right?" said President Saitou, making a smug face; even Miyako nodded.

My motto is used against me. Always protect people who can't protect themselves.

"Seriously? Any objection, Aqua? Ruby?" I asked the kids.

They shook their heads. Aqua explained, "There is more than one deranged fan that wants to hurt Mama, so we can't take that chance. Especially with her condition."

That is a solid reason. Well, I can't argue with them. I just sighed in response.

"Well, another thing is..... a scar on her belly will spell trouble for her job....' explained President, pointing at Ai's stomach. He looked worried that her scar would affect her future performance.

Everyone seems to have a solution for this, but I already have an idea how to handle this problem.

"I've a solution." I said to them. Everyone started to focus their attention on me.

"In my world, where I was raised, there's a magical bean that can heal any injuries. When eaten, a person's physical condition is near-instantly restored to its natural peak."

"Seriously, such things exist?" said Miyako, looking surprised. I nodded.

"So that means...." President was already catching up.

"Yeah, her wound will be healed before it can become a scar. Also, I'll need to bring Ai-san since I'm her bodyguard now. Are you okay with that, Ai-san?"

I asked Ai-san for her permission. Ai thought for a second and replied,

"Hm hm! Can Aqua and Ruby come along too?" Ai hummed for a little bit, then asked about her twins.

"Sure, why not?" I replied with a smile.

Ruby cheered happily; a trip to another universe sounds fun to her. Aqua seemed to be thinking about something else, though he also cheered, though not as loudly as Ruby.

(If Kai's not around, it's up to me to protect Ruby and Ai. I'll not let this incident happen again. And I'll find out who's responsible for Ai's injury.... and make him suffer!)

______________________________________

-The next day-

-Ai's House-

Kai gulped nervously. Living with his favourite idol had never crossed his mind since he came back to this world. From being a Time Patrol to an actor and now a bodyguard. How is he going to manage everything? If those paparazzi know about this, he will be damned.

He was in an empty room. He had finished cleaning it, so now he is unpacking his things. He let out a capsule from his pocket and threw it to the floor. The capsule exploded, leaving a trail of pink smoke behind as it was replaced by his closet. He unzipped his bag and took out a capsule box, then placed it on the table.

Capsules really made his life easier. Kai thought to himself. Then someone knocked on the door.

"Kai-kun? Can I come in?" asked Ai as she opened the door. Kai had picked her up from the hospital early this morning. Aqua and Ruby were packing their clothes after Miyako sent them back here. Kai had planned to go to the Time Nest after lunch. Now, it was 11.30 a.m.

"Yeah," said Kai as Ai entered his room. She was sitting on a wheelchair, though, as her wounds haven't fully recovered yet. Then she looked at the closet behind Kai. Ai was surprised; this room didn't have a closet before. How come there is one here?

"I thought this room didn't have a closet before?" Ai asked Kai. She wanted Kai to stay in Aqua and Ruby's room for the meantime since this room was kind of dusty. Aqua and Ruby can sleep in her room. But Kai refused and just chose this room.

"Oh, didn't Aqua or Ruby tell you yet? Here, let me show you." Kai positioned his glasses and gave her the capsule he was holding. Ai was confused. What is this thing? Kai instructed her to click the capsule and throw it on the floor. Ai did so and threw it on the floor. The capsule then exploded, and pink smoke covered them. Ai yelped in response as Kai just laughed.

"That is a capsule. A technology from my world. Cool, right? It's used to store large objects inside it." Kai grinned as the smoke cleared, leaving some magazines on the floor with some pictures. Kai's eyes bulged up. Ai picked one of them, then giggled. All the magazine here is about B-Komachi and Ai's development as idols, along with her posters. This is what he wants to avoid.

"Looks like someone is a fan of me, hehehe

"Looks like someone is a fan of me, hehehe...." She continued to check the magazines. Aqua and Ruby soon entered the room after hearing Ai's laughter. Kai was feeling really embarrassed.

"Mama? Why were you laughing like that?" with Aqua behind her, Ruby questioned Ai.

"Look at this, you two." Ai showed them her pictures. As Aqua stared at the photographs, Ruby began to giggle maniacally. So Hero likes Ai Hoshino, huh?

Kai dashed to the kitchen, assuring them lunch would be ready in a few minutes since he didn't want to be in the room any longer. His secret had now been exposed. Kai's antics made Ai and Ruby laugh. However, Aqua noticed an image laying beneath the mags. He took it after seeing a picture of Kai and other individuals armed. Kai stood next to a red-hooded female, his right hand wrapped around her neck in a peace sign.

"Hmm? What's that, Onii-chan?" Aqua showed Ruby and Ai the image.

"Ehhh?! Kai has a girlfriend?" Ruby stated it clearly. Aqua and Ai both shushed her, and she covered her mouth with her hands. Ai then took the photo from Aqua. She fixed her gaze on the girl next to Kai. Aqua noted that Ai seems a little... agitated? Was she jealous?

But they all came to a halt when Kai said that lunch was ready.

"Wow, that was quick!" they all said. Ai put the picture back in a magazine.

"Let's go, you two," Ai remarked as they all made their way to the kitchen.

______________________________________

Duh, tomorrow is my last day, then I'll be at school again.

Anyway, just like before, enjoy reading and leave a comment below.

~'¶\ Broken Lies (Kowareta Uso) \¶'~(Ai Hoshino X OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara