Chapter 30: His Other Side

-Shibuya, Tokyo-

Kaboom!

A large explosion occurred in Shibuya. Smoke was all over the place. Everyone present was watching it with their mouths wide open. Watanabe was the one to break the silence.

"How.... is he doing that....?" She was surprised after watching Kai deflect a blast into the sky. Everyone else was shocked too, except for Ai and the twins. Kai was struggling against those two fighters when he was kicked in the back by Mira, sending him flying to a nearby building.

Kai was gauging their strength first. He looked at Masked Saiyan while thinking, "Shit, he's strong! Fighting one by one, I'm sure I can defeat him... But with Mira at the same time...."

Mira, who was floating nearby the building with Masked Saiyan, shouted at Kai, "How long did you intend to stay there?!"

"Geez, give me two minutes!" He yelled at the bio-android. He brushed off some dust from his body and looked at his shirt. "My limited edition B-Komachi merchandise..." He frowned a bit before removing the shirt. He looked at his watch.

"You're going to pay.... for that shirt." Kai pushed a button on his watch, changing into his ancient Saiyan armour. He then clicked on his scouter, trying to communicate with Trunks or Chronoa at the Time Nest. But it didn't show any response, just blank noise.

"As I thought, they blocked the communication. I had no choice but to fight them alone...." He said to himself. This had happened before so he wasn't surprised at all. Still, he was worried if he was unable to stop them.

He took a deep breath befor he flew towards their direction, not before sensing Aqua's Ki alongside the rest of the group.

"Good, they're fine." Kai sighed in relief as he stared at Mira and Bardock.

"HAARRHHH!!" A huge wave of energy covered him as he roared. His hair turns yellow and spikier, with some lightning covering his body.

Kai burst into a Super Saiyan 2 immediately, illuminating the city in bright light.

"He's Hero!?" Everyone except Ai, Saitou, Miyako, and the twins was flabbergasted. But Ai' face showed a different reaction fron them, fear. Ai looked at Kai worriedly. Will he win against those two?

"I can't allow you to bring more harm to this world. I'm finishing things here and now!!" Kai gave a determined speech as he sped towards Mira.

Mira threw a punch at him, but Kai grabbed his hand and propelled himself towards Bardock, kicking him in the stomach. He then fired a Masenko at Mira, who deflected it using one hand before engaging in a fight with Kai.

(A/N: I'll be referring Masked Saiyan as Bardock. It's easier and more convenient when writing a fighting scene.)

Bardock stopped himself in midair before joining Mira against Kai, but he protested.

"Let me fight him alone. He's mine to defeat!" Towa shook her head in defeat as she signalled Bardock to stand down. The fight continued until Kai was sent to the ground; his body was covered in bruises and cuts.

Kai was struggling against Mira, who exploded his powers. His eyes are becoming red as well, as his power increases to an unimaginable level. Kai watched in horror as he tried to stand up.

"Ne-Need to... risk it..." He knew this was suicide, but it was the only chance he had to overpower Mira. He calmed down as he took some deep breaths. His power increased tenfold as he yelled the technique's name : Kaioken times ten.

"What the?"

"Tarrryyahhh!!!" He vanished from Mira's sight as Mira instinctively turned around, only to see Kai slamming him with both of his hands. But that didn't stop there; Kai grabbed his legs and started to spin him around. He threw the bio-android to the sky as he charged up his most destructive attack. The ground shook heavily, making the spectators stumble. Saitou commanded them to get to safety, and everyone followed him to a nearby building where the rest of the citizens resided.