Chapter 21: Hey Mom!

-Ai's House-

"Are you guys ready?" Kai asked them.

He was carrying Ai's luggage with his own bag.

"Yeah!" Ai and the twins said it ecstatically.

Kai grinned as he instructed them to cling onto him. Then he took the time scroll from the table and began to focus.

They were being consumed by a dazzling light. Ruby appeared to be afraid, but Ai wrapped her right hand around her and Aqua. This allowed Ruby to unwind a little. The blinding light began to swallow them, and they vanished from the house.

______________________________________

Chronoa was sipping her evening tea. Trunks was resting at his home, and Shallot was handling a bunch of Time Rifts that appeared at Conton City. Though Shallot seems different than usual after he came back from tracking Towa and Mira. 

She was watching Ace sit down on the ground while Elder Kai put his hand in front of him.

Ace sat there patiently. But actually, he was starting to get irritated. He's been sitting down and doing nothing for the past 24 hours!

Elder Kai asked him if he wanted to do a ritual to unlock his latent potential since he finished his Final Advancement Task - Super Class. Ace agreed, as he thought it would be awesome to get the same power-up as Gohan does.

"Ehrm.... How much longer?" Ace asked Elder Kai, who was doing the ritual while reading a magazine.

Elder Kai snapped from his thoughts as he coughed up, saying that there were only 30 minutes left. Ace just sighed in defeat.

Then a bright light appeared out of nowhere. Chronoa went to the light as Ace and Elder Kai continued watching the scene.

Everyone was surprised to see when the light dissipated, revealing Kai, Ai, and the twins.

"Kai?!" Chronoa was shocked to see her son with a girl and two kids. Her mouth went wide open.

"Hey Mom! I'm backkk....OUCH!!" Chronoa immediately pulled his right ear, making the Half Saiyan cry in pain.

"Don't 'Hey Mom!' me like that! Explain now!!!" Chronoa shouted at Kai. Everyone sweated at the scene.

"Alright! Alright!! Please stop pulling my ear!" Chronoa reluctantly stopped as Kai told her everything.
______________________________________

"So that's all." Kai told her mother. After introducing her mother to them as well as Elder Kai, Ace, and Toki-toki, he explained the reason why he brought them along too.

Aqua and Ruby went to play with Toki-Toki. Elder Kai is still continuing his ritual with Ace.

Chronoa looked at Ai, who was sitting in her wheelchair. She hugged her without hesitation. Ai felt awkward, but she too hugged back.

"Poor you... It must be painful." Chronoa rubbed her back slowly. Ai's eyes began to water a little. This feeling.... she has never experienced this before.

Kai noticed her sudden change in expression. Was she crying? He never saw her being like that. For some reason, his heart ached so much seeing her like this. 

"Don't worry. As long as Kai is there with you, he'll never let anyone hurt you. Right, Kai?" Chronoa assured her as she looked at Kai again. Kai's face went red. Even Ai was blushing a little hearing it.

Unfortunately, Chronoa noticed her. She smirked slyly. She told Kai to grab a Senzu bean from the Time Vault. Kai nodded, forgetting that his mother could just heal her.