Chapter 13: Warrior of Hope

-Age 780, Destroyed West City-

"Erghhaa....!" Ace was gasping for air after getting kicked in the stomach by Mira.

Ace is a young male Saiyan similar to adult Gohan in both facial features and hairstyle, but with red hair. He wears clothes similar to Future Trunks: an indigo Capsule Corporation jacket, gray pants, and golden boots.

Things are going pretty bad. Trunks were also in bad shape. The same thing can also be said about Future Gohan.

Mira slammed Trunks to the ground, making a large crater.

"Trunks!!" shouted Future Gohan.

"Damn it! At this rate, the androids aren't the only problem now." Future Gohan felt so anxious. His conditions make him unable to fight further.

Trunks opened his eyes slowly, watching Mira slowly charge his Serious Bomb in his hand.

"This is the end, Trunks," said Mira.

Trunks can only watch his demise as suddenly a blur hits the demon, sending him into a building nearby.

Ace stood up, seeing the blur and revealing himself as Kai. Kai descends to Trunks and feeds him a Senzu Bean. He threw one at Future Gohan and Ace immediately.

"Mom told me about the situation. Let's turn the table now!" Kai powered up to Super Saiyan, entering his battle stance. Everyone nodded as they all raised their Ki to max.

Mira came out of the ruins of the building. He was not amused when he saw Kai again.

"This time, you'll pay for what you did to me before. I won't lose to you." said Mira. His aura swelled up even more than before.

"Show me what you've got!" Kai said as the rest of the team rushed to Mira.

Kai went in for a punch but was grabbed by Mira's hand. He then proceeds to swing Kai around, hitting the others, sending them back.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Mira released his hand. Kai was hurled to a nearby building. "I felt dizzy...." thought Kai as his body was covered in rubble.

But then, Ace and Future Gohan appeared behind him and yelled, "MASENKO!!".

Mira couldn't dodge it in time, as the blast hit him dead on.

"Arghhhh! Curse you, Saiyans. Huarh!" He retaliated by blasting them with a Garlick Beam Cannon. They dodged it as Kai came out of the rubble.

"Mira!!!" Trunks screamed as he rushed to Mira, sword in hand. He slashed the demon, but he blocked it using his arm. It didn't stop Trunks from continuing his relentless onslaught on Mira.

Kai joined in, making a Ki blade with his right hand. Their combined attacks proved so effective against the demon that he was forced to block their slashes. Mira put up a force field around him, stopping the two. He then grabbed them and threw them into the sky.

This time, it was Ace and Future Gohan's turn. They simultaneously punched Mira in the gut, making the demon stagger.

"Aarrkk!" He spewed out saliva. He was outnumbered here. Ace and Future Gohan performed a double backflip and fired a Ki blast at him.

He braced for the blast as it hit him. Mira was badly injured from the blast. He looked at the sky as he heard a sound coming from the sky. 

"Huh?!" he saw Kai and Trunks dash from the sky with their fists out. 

"HAAAHH!!!" 

The double punch connected, making a huge crater underneath him.

They flew back to Ace and Future Gohan, seeing the massive crater. Smoke was everywhere until it dissipated, revealing Mira, now heavily injured from the damage he took. He stood up and gritted his teeth.

The fighters watched on as Mira asked, "Why can't I beat you? Even against four of you... I am far stronger... I must be..." he clenches his hand.

"I won't let you kill Gohan!" Trunks shouted with determination in his eyes.

"Heh.." Mira said as he turned around and disappeared. Everyone looked surprised. At least the fight is over. For now.
______________________________________

"Trunks..." Future Gohan called Trunks.

Trunks looked at Future Gohan. He had missed him. After all, he was his master, his brother figure.

Future Gohan turned around to see the face of the Time Patrol. He asked Trunks, "You came from the future, didn't you?"

"..." Trunks didn't reply.

"So Bulma was able to finish her Time Machine." Future Gohan draws a conclusion.

Trunks just stare at the ground.

Future Gohan smiled. He put a hand on Trunks' shoulder. "I'm really proud of you, Trunks!" Future Gohan praised him.

This makes him look at Goku's son. Trunks smiled and responded, "Th-Thanks!"

"Right... It's not the time for this. Seventeen and Eighteen are attacking the city!" Future Gohan turned his back on Trunks as he saw smoke coming out not far from them.

"You're right..." Trunks narrowed his eyes. Kai knew what he was going to say but didn't stop him. He knew this was hard for him. "Nii-san..." muttered Kai. He saw him as a big brother like Shallot and had called him Nii-san (Japanese for older brother).

Unfortunately, Future Gohan heard it and glanced at Kai for a second. He smiled after thinking about it.

"And after this, Gohan..." Trunks closed his eyes, gritting his teeth. He knew that he was forbidden to help his master, as it would change history.

"Gohan! I'll go with you to fight!" said Trunks, not caring about the consequence of his action.

Ace is shocked to hear this. He looked at Kai, who was just staring at the ground.

"This time... This time..." Trunks was gasping for air. He continued, "I won't hold you back!".

A voice came from their communicator to the Time Nest.

"What are you saying?!" screamed Chronoa. "You know you're not allowed to do that, Trunks! If you help out Gohan here... You'll change the course of history!" Trunks' eyes widened in realisation. Trunks gritted his teeth.

"I-I know, but I...!" He stutters while replying to Chronoa.

"Trunks?' Future Gohan looked at him in confusion.

"Please Kai, Ace! You need to stop Trunks!" ordered the Time Kaioshin. Ace and Kai don't know how to respond.

"Trunks... is there something you want to tell me?" asked Future Gohan. After looking at Trunks's face, he knew instantly what would happen to him in the battle. He tries to encourage Trunks.

"If you're here, all grown up... Then the future... is safe, isn't it? And so... this fight has a real purpose. That's enough for me." said Future Gohan, clenching his hand with pure determination.

"No! You can't, Gohan!" This statement only solidified Future Gohan's prediction. "So, I'll die against them..." he thought.

"Trunks..." He looked at Ace and then Kai. "It looks like you've made a good friend... and a little brother." Kai's eyes suddenly perked up. Did he hear Kai calling Trunks earlier?

"You can't abandon a good friend and a little brother, can you? It was really good to see you, Trunks." He turned around and looked at the sky, ready to fly.

"Gohan...!" Trunks tries to follow him, but Ace and Kai stand in front of him, shaking their heads. Future Gohan flew up and glanced back at the group before flying in the direction of the androids. They only watched Future Gohan go to fight the androids.

Kai hugged Trunks, saying, "Let's go home, Trunks-Nii."
______________________________________

I'm really like Future Gohan determination. No hope to win but still fight.

Please enjoy reading and leave a comment below.