Chapter 32: Nightmare

-After the incident-

-Tokyo's Hospital-

Everything was in ruins. There are so many casualties, death counts, and many more. Aqua couldn't face the reality. He looked out the window. He saw the victims of the incident being treated here. Everyone was terrified by the incident. It's only been two days since he woke up at the hospital. His head was covered in bandages, as was his left arm.

He looked at his phone. News about the incident spread like wildfire. One of them showed a video when Kai had gone berserk. Fighting without thinking about the damage he caused to Earth. This changed everyone's perspective. Everyone is scared of the Hero now.

He closed his phone as he looked at his mother, Ai. She was quiet, and her face showed sadness. Ruby was beside her bed, trying to cheer her up. Her head was also bandaged. Ever since she asked Ruby where Kai was, she has been in this state. Ruby told her that Kai had been taken away by the villains. Hopelessness and sadness filled her mind. Aqua and Ruby can see it clearly in her expression.

Aqua can only imagine Kai's condition. He needs to warn the others. In his mind, he already had a plan to save Kai. Go back to his house, find the scroll, and head back to the Time Nest to warn Chronoa and the others about the situation. His house was still intact, as only Shibuya had been decimated. But it was still far from the hospital. He wasn't capable of flying yet, and his body was still injured. He wanted to do this alone, not wanting to risk asking Ai or Ruby to help him.

But did he have a choice now?

"Aqua...." The boy turned his head to see Ruby calling him. He stood up and went to his twin sister as he looked at his mother.

"Mom?" Aqua tugged on her shirt as she glanced at Aqua. Her eyes were red; clearly, she had been crying sometimes.

"What is it, Aqua? Are you having some nightmares?" Ai wiped her tears as she put up a fake smile. She patted his head gently. Even though it was hard for Ai, she didn't let those negative emotions affect her love for her children. She tried to hide her facial expression, but Aqua could see the pain in her now-black-star eyes. Aqua bit his tongue. He was unsure if telling her would be the right choice.

"Mom, I have something to tell you." Aqua told the idol.

"What is it, Aqua?" Ai asked him curiously; Aqua wasn't the type to confess about himself. He's more introverted than Ruby. His face was serious, even making Ai nervous a bit. This also caught Ruby's attention.

"I have a plan to save Mr. Kai, but I need your help." Ai's and Ruby's eyes widened in response. Ai was the one with the most surprise, as her smile became a grim expression. Aqua was expecting this kind of response, but he still continued to talk.

"I need to go back home. I think I can use the time scroll to get to the Time Nest. Trunks and the rest can save Kai." Aqua looked at her eyes intensely.

Ruby also interjected, "Yeah! Please Mama!"

Ai saw the determination on their faces. But she couldn't allow them at any cost. No mother in her right mind is going to let her children get in harm's way. Especially with Aqua's current condition. But to save Kai...

She was feeling conflicted by this. Aqua tried to convince her, saying, "I'm okay, Mom. Please, let me do this! Kai got captured, and I want to save him!". Even Ruby tried to convince her until Ai had enough.

"Shut up!!"

Aqua and Ruby went silent with a shocked expression. This is the first time they ever got yelled at by Ai. A tear dropped from Ai's face as she realised what she had done. She apologised to them, but seeing their faces made her more hurt. She hugged her legs with her head lowered.