Chapter 33: Time Scroll

"So Aqua needs this 'time scroll' to go to Kai's world?" Saitou asked Ai while driving to her house in order to get the time scroll.

The infamous idol nodded as she glanced at her two kids, Aqua and Ruby. Miyako stayed at the hospital to deal with their payment. Even though Aqua disagreed at first, Ruby and Ai insisted on following him to the Time Nest.

Ruby was sleeping on her arms, with Aqua looking determined. The idol could swear that he looked just like the doctor who helped her during her pregnancy.

"Did you... tell them about Kai?" The idol asked her president about the rest of B-Komachi's members.

Saitou didn't say a word; he just nodded.

"They already know his identity; leaving them in the dark will only make things worse for Kai later. At least they agreed to keep it a secret for now."

Ai bit her lips; this shouldn't have happened. She was planning to confess to Kai after the concert ended back then. But things got worse, and now.... He was taken from her.

"We have arrived." Saitou said to her.

The car stopped once it reached Ai's home, making Ruby snap out of her slumber. Everyone entered the house immediately and started to find the scroll.

It became a big mess after searching the time scroll for an hour. Ruby dropped to the ground. Everyone else joined her too, exhausted.

"Where the hell did he keep that thing?!" Aqua muttered under his breath.

There's not a single clue where to find it. Kai must put it in a very safe place. They couldn't even find it in his room.

"Huh, huh...Kai probably kept it a secret." Ai exclaimed to them, earning their nods.

"Then it must be somewhere important." Saitou told them as he adjusted his sunglasses.

"Important?" Ruby tilted her head in confusion. Then she remembered something.
______________________________________

-Flashback-

"Stupid haters!! You guys really think that Mama got stabbed to get attention from the media?!!" Ruby shouted furiously while reading some comments about Ai. Luckily, it was night, so everyone else inside was asleep already.

Until she heard some noises coming from Kai's room. She can see that the room's light is still on. She was a bit curious, so she decided to peek a bit.

She opened up the door slowly, seeing Kai, now scratching his head with a frown. He was looking at some blueprints with a screwdriver and other tools lying on the ground. His room was a big mess.

But that's not what she was looking at. She was looking at a...scythe? It was incomplete, and some of its parts were missing. Ruby was in awe until Kai turned his head at her, looking surprised.

"Ruby? Why're you still up?" Kai asked her, confused.

"Eekk! Uhh.... I-I'm thirsty, so I went to get some water." Ruby said it in a very unconvincing tone. Kai was sceptical about the girl, but he decided not to ask further. He was so focused on studying a blueprint that he didn't hear Ruby shouting in the living room.

"Is that a scythe?!" Ruby asked excitedly, pointing at Cresent Ross.

Kai cocked an eyebrow. Where did she learn that? Kindergarten did not teach their students about weapons, for sure. Maybe she learned about it on the internet? Kai wondered about it.

"Yeah, it's a scythe. A gift from a friend." Kai told her with a soft smile.

"Can I touch it?" Ruby pointed at the scythe.