Chapter 15: Cresent Ross

-Kai / Oshi no Ko Universe-

-Abandoned Building-

"Listen up, Precocious Baby." Taishi called Aqua.

Aqua, who was watching the set do setups before filming, looked at Director.

"In Japan, casting is for the most part decided upon by the higher-ups. The bigger the budget for a project, the less it can afford to flop." explained Director.

Aqua nodded in response.

He continued, "In order to secure actors who are sure to draw viewers, the higher-ups have their own battles to fight. The directors with casting authority are the very select few super heavyweights or those working on low-budget, small-scale films."

"So, which do I look like to you?" Taishi asked the blue-eyed boy.

Aqua became somewhat nervous by this question, "Uh... a super-heavyweight direct-"

Before Aqua finished his sentence, Taishi turned back and chuckled, "Swing and a miss."

"We're on the set of a low-budget film here." said Taishi.

Miyako, who was carrying Ruby, now sleeping on her arms, walked to them and said, "Director, thank you for taking care of Aqua today."

"No, not at all. And we're on the same page about that matter, right?"

"Er, yes... Aqua has joined Strawberry Productions as for this month." Miyako nervously answered his question.

Taishi said frankly, "The thing is, there'll be hell to pay if I use a kid who's not affiliated with an agency."

Aqua interrupted, "In terms of acting, I feel like my sister is probably better than me."

Taishi gave him a menacing look while smiling, saying, "Nope, it's you I want. It's in exchange for your performance that I'm giving Ai a part."

"In this industry, we call it bartering." Taishi taps Aqua's head using the script.

"It's one of the fundamentals, so keep it in mind." Director advised him.

Before he went to the set, he asked Miyako, "Do you know where Star Boy is? I tried calling for him before and ended up in voice mail."

"Star Boy?" Aqua and Miyako had a confused look.

"It's a nickname I gave to Kai. I wanted him to do a nice editing job for me for this film." explained Director.

"The filming will start in a few hours," said Director as he went to the set.

"Bartering Ai-san for her own son... That stern-looking director had taken quite a liking to you, Aqua-san. What in the world did you do to make this happen?" Miyako said to Aqua.

"Nothing all that special." Aqua said it plainly.

"Old guys for some reason, tend to enjoy it when young people have a casual attitude with them, so I don't act pompously towards him at all." Aqua said while remembering his past life experience as a doctor.

"You're one dreadful baby..." Miyako sweatdropped at the response.

"By the way, where's Kai? I haven't seen him since the incident three days ago." she asked.

Aqua answered back, "He went back to this Time Nest thing, I guess... He should be back later."

"I see..." said Miyako.
______________________________________

-Taiyang's house, Remnant-

Meanwhile, Kai was packing his backpack at Taiyang's house.

After visiting Ruby's gravestone, he went to visit Taiyang and sleep at his house for a night before going back to his world.

"Thank you very much, Mr. Tai!" Kai thanked the huntsman.

Taiyang is a man with blond hair that has two small strands sticking out from the top and blue eyes. His facial hair consists of a soul patch and small stubble along his jawline.

"We're the ones who need to thank you for your help against Salem." said Taiyang.

"It's not a big deal; it's my responsibility too as a huntsman," answered Kai.

Taiyang just smiled in response. Then he remembered something.

"Oh yeah, Kai. Before you're going to leave, I've got something to give you..." Taiyang went back to his house.

He then came back, holding out a box. He gave Kai the box.

"What is this?" asked Kai.

"See for yourself." Taiyang told him to open the box himself.

Kai shrugged and opened it. His eyes widened, "This is...."

Inside the box is an incomplete scythe similar to Ruby's Cresent Rose.

"Yang found it when she was packing Ruby's belongings at Beacon. It also had a note." Taiyang told Kai.

Kai looked back at the box. He saw the note.
______________________________________

To Kai,

Hey Kai, I always thought why didn't you have a weapon with you when you came to Beacon? But even without a weapon, you still managed to defeat a Nevermore with ease. You're like Yang, y'know? Maybe because of your strength and semblance (Ki), you thought that you didn't need a weapon. (I know you can just create a sword using your semblance but you rather punch your way out.)

I heard that your birthday is coming soon. So I wanted to give you this prototype of Cresent Rose. I'll show you how to build it, so don't worry about that. Later, when it's finished, we can be a scythe-user duo! It's going to be awesome!

And one more thing is that I haven't named it yet, so it's up to you, although I prefer to call it Cresent Ross, using your last name. Just like mine. Tee-hee.

Your crush,

Ruby Rose.

(PS: Yang told me about your attitude towards me. She thinks that you have a crush on me.)
______________________________________

Kai made a weak smile when he read it, he realised that Ruby knew that he liked her from Yang.

"Damn you, Yang. And thank you..." he thought. He wanted to confess to Ruby alone, but it seems like Yang spoiled it. A tear dropped from his eyes.

Taiyang noticed Kai was crying. He put a hand on his shoulder and said, "Yang's the one who asked me to give it to you whenever you visit. She said that it's not your fault that Ruby died. She already forgives you. Ruby would say the same."

Kai weakly nodded as he wiped his tears. He hasn't had the courage to face Yang and the rest again since that incident. Since then, he has trained non-stop, breaking his limits over and over again, until he eventually defeats Mira in the events of the Xenoverse. (Watch the Xenoverse Game Cutscene.)

"Th-thank you, Ruby." Kai muttered to himself.

Kai put the box inside an empty capsule to make it easier to carry around.

Kai looked back at Taiyang and said, "I'll be going now. Thank you, Mr. Tai," he said as he took a step back and waved at him. He took out a blue time scroll and concentrated.

A bright light consumed Kai until it dissipated, leaving no sign of him behind.

Taiyang smiled.

"Ruby would be proud of you, Kai..."
______________________________________

Njir, susah gila nak buat chapter nih.

Anyway, this fanfic have reached 10K viewers, honestly I just wanted to do this just for fun. Never thought that I would be writing a fanfiction.

So for now,enjoy and leave a comment below.