Chapter 7: Children

-Ai's residence-

"WHAT?!!!! He was aware that you were Ai?"

The president found it hard to believe. He advised her to keep her identity a secret, but she only managed to do so for a few hours.

"I took no action. He recognised me right away," Ai said with a sly smile.

When Ai stated that their neighbour was aware of Ai's identity, Aqua and Ruby were seated on the couch.

They don't know what occurred the previous evening. They did go to bed early yesterday, after all. They were shocked and concerned that the man would find out about them when they learned the news.

"Aqua, what are we going to do?" If he finds out about us, Mom's toast!" Ruby muttered to Aqua.

Aqua replies, "We can't do anything, we need to let Ai solve this problem.".

But they heard Ai said, "How about I go tell him about Aqua and Ruby? There's no point hiding them anymore to him. He's going to know sooner or later. Anyways, he's nice. I doubt he will exposed things about us." assured her.

"Look, he even make me a dinner last night! It was delicious." smiled Ai, showing the tupperware Kai had given her yesterday.

The president and the twins were astounded. Ai's optimism exceeded their expectations. This leaves Saitou with no option.

"Huhhh..... I'll leave things in your hands. Do everything it takes to keep him from telling anyone, even bribing him." President Saitou made his exit as he spoke.

"Bye, President Satou!" shouted Ai, only to be corrected by his president, "It's Saitou, you damn idol."

She went inside the living room after closing the door. She then carries the twins and says to them, "How about we meet Kai right now?" She went to her room to change her clothing.

"This is better than laying low forever," Aqua reasoned to Ruby, who nodded in agreement.
______________________________________

"Hello...is anyone home?" Ai knocked Kai's door but got no response. She brought Aqua and Ruby and also the tupperware.

"Hmm...maybe he went out?" she reasoned as she attempted to open the door, and she succeeded. The door had been left unlocked. Perhaps he forgot about it?

Until they heard something. It's sounds like someone is fighting? Ai thought to herself as she enters the flat, trying to find the source of the sound.

Then, they stumble upon a small machine-like room with a logo: Capsule Corporation. This made them even more curious when they heard the sound of someone saying, "Maybe I should take a break. Man, I'm starving!"

The door opened and revealed Kai covered in sweat. Kai was petrified when he looked at them. The atmosphere became silent.

When Ai started to speak, Kai cut her off and said, "How about you sit down in my living room first?"

Kai questioned them as they sat down.

"Umm........why and how did you enter my flat? And who are these two toddlers?" Feeling awkward with the scene, Kai breaks the silence.

"I just want to give back the tupperware you lent me yesterday. Thank you, the food is excellent!" Ai explained to Kai

Kai says, "It's my pleasure."

"By the way, your door is unlocked, so curiosity got the best of me," Ai continues. "They are also my children."

Kai's eyes buldged up. "KIDS?!!!".

Aqua, seeing his reaction, reflected, "Even I was surprised to hear it in my previous life." He sweatdropped at the man's sudden outburst.

"That's why their Ki feel like her," Kai murmured.

"But still... AARGHH!!! WHY?!! WAT DID I MISS THESE PAST YEARS?!" Kai cried internally. He was so occupied with defeating Demigra that he didn't have time to check his phone about Ai.

"So, did the media know about this?" Kai wondered, still stunned by the revelation.

"Nope, I never make it public." She responded with a grin.

Kai is finally catching up. "So, your main reason for coming here is..."

"That's right, to persuade you to keep things hidden," she finished his sentence.

Kai thought for a while and he nodded.

"Don't worry, I"ll keep things secret. But what about the children? I mean aren't you going to keep them froem the world forever?" Kai inquired of Ai.

Ai became silent and responded,

"Being able to conceal a kid or two just works to showed someone's a top-class idol. You see, I don't have a family. I'd always wanted one. I was overjoyed when they entered my life. Since then, our family is happy and fun," she said, looking at the babies.

Aqua and Ruby shared the smile.

"I want to feel the happiness of being an idol as well as a mother," she continues. "Ai Hoshino is a stingy girl, you know!" She laughed.

She is more bold, cunning and strong than I ever imagined. "I'm delighted to hear that. What are their names?" Kai inquired.

"Oh, this boy's Aquamarine Hoshino, and the girl's Ruby Hoshino," she nonchalantly said.

Kai's heart dropped when he hears Ruby's name. "Ruby...." his mind flashed back on the fated day, where he lost his crush.
______________________________________

-Three years ago-

Destruction was all around. But Kai was unable to stop it. He was battered from fighting Mira, the person guilty for his family's demise. The person who was responsible for the death of his friend, Ruby Rose. He didn't get the chance to convey his affections for the girl.

He was now sobbing and holding his friend. Her silvery eyes had gone completely blank. Her hands were chilly, and she was bloodied. Her smile, however, did not disappear when she died.

Kai's heart was filled with rage, sorrow, and hopelessness. The rage at himself for not being able to stop Mira. The sorrow he felt when he knew he'd lost her. The last thing he recognised was that there was nothing he could do.

Then, he snapped.

As he yelled, loosing his sanity, despair filled his mind.

A giant geyser of dark purple energy erupts from him, enveloping the entire landscape. His unkempt black hair spikes up and turns golden blond, like a Super Saiyan. Despite the fact that his eyes transform to a purplish-blank colour. His Ki steadily rose until Chronoa stepped in. Chronoa, who had detected an increase in Kai's Ki, enters the realm of Remnant, using her time powers to stop Kai's outburst, with Trunks and Shallot following her.

Ruby's smile is the last thing Kai remembers. Her smile........Ai also has a similar smile.
______________________________________

Suddenly, he snapped back to reality as Ai called his name in a confused tone.

Even Aqua and Ruby are confused.

"Kai? Are you alright? Why are you crying?"

"Huh?" Kai responds as he realises that he is in fact crying. He quickly wiped it as he stood up and said, "Yeah, I'm alright. Well,it's already evening. Do you want to have dinner with me? I could whip a meal for us."

Ai looked worried at first but smiled nonetheless as she answered excitedly, "Yeah!"
______________________________________

Well, this is the hardest chapter; I don't have a fully grasped yet on Ai's personality and how she interacts with someone.

Even so, I tried my best to write this chapter. And yes,I have put Ruby Rose from RWBY in this fanfic. This character belongs to Rooster Teeth.

Anyway, please enjoy this fanfic and leave a comment below.