Chapter 31: Uncontrollable

-Shibuya, Tokyo-

The fight was absolutely brutal. Mira didn't have the chance to use his full power as Kai continued his relentless attacks on him. Each attack Kai dished out was enough to make the world shake.

"Grrr.... I didn't expect him to be this powerful...." Mira gritted his teeth as he slowly stood up to face Kai.

Purple electricity crackled around the half saiyan body. Kai stared Mira without any expression, only waiting his opponet to make his move.

Kai raised his head a little, looking down at Mira as if he was mocking him. Mira clenched his fist in annoyance as he got back up and continue his onslaught.

Bardock lay battered on the ground, with Towa watching the battle intensely, waiting for the right moment to strike. It has been twenty minutes since Kai was tossing Bardock around like a ragdoll. Bardock was easily defeated by Kai, who shot a gigantic blast at him a few minutes ago.

"His power far exceeded my calculation. At this rate..... I have no choice but to use him." Towa thought to herself while watching Mira start to fight Kai on even ground.

-Meanwhile, with Ai-

Everything here was shaking, and a lot of people were panicking. Aqua was still feeling ill and too scared to even look at the fight. Miyako was carrying Ruby, who was still unconscious. Ai can only look in horror as another loud explosion destroys another building.

"Kai-kun....." Ai can only mutter his name in a sad tone. Something felt off about Kai. It was sad to see him like that. He was fighting.... like a.....

"He's a monster!!" A person screaming in a scared tone while pointing at Kai, who kicked the demon to the ground. Everyone else just watched the fight in disbelief. Their own protector was bringing their city to smithereens.

Her heart ached in response. As she looked closely at Kai's face whenever she had a chance, Ai noticed his facial expression was gone. Only sorrow remained.

There is nothing she can do now. Driven by instinct, Ai ran towards the battle without hesitation. She doesn't know why, but her body reacted on its own. Even so, she continued to run.

"Ai!!! DON'T!!!!" Saitou yelled her name as he attempted to follow her, but the building started to shake fiercely. Aqua watched in horror, and he tried to stand up immediately. His legs felt like jelly, but he ignored it. He vowed to protect Ai and Ruby, no matter what the cost.

He clenched his teeth. Aqua immediately went after Ai, even though Saitou yelled at him to get back too. Ruby woke up and saw the chaos. She looked at the sight of Kai, it was terrifying. Even so, her heart told her to go to Kai and help him rather than sit here. But the will to move and help was lesser to the fear that she felt in her heart. She could only watch as Ai ran to the sight of the battle.

"Kai-kun, you've given me a chance to love my kids again. You showed me what it means to have a family. You even saved me once. I don't want to lose you."

Ai arrived at the sight as she yelled,

"Kai-kun!!! Stop!! Please!!"

Kai, who was holding Mira, threw him to the ground. He looked at Ai with no expression. Ai was scared, but she held herself together. Kai slowly made his way to Ai, preparing a Ki blast on his palm.

"Please, Kai. This is not you..." She pleaded with him. Kai raised his hand in front of her, but his eyes stayed on hers. Tears fell from her eyes. The hurtful look on her face made the Saiyan flinched a bit.

This stopped the rampaging Time Patrol. The blast disappeared slowly, surprising the idol. Did it work?

"Kai, come ba..."