Chapter 17: Ultimate Idol's Secret

Kai and Ai had arrived at their apartment. Kai landed slowly in front of Ai's house.

"That's the best experience in my life! Can we do that again sometime?" asked Ai excitedly.

"Yeah, why not?" Kai smiled at her.

"Mama! We're back!!" a voice called out Ai. Kai and Ai looked at the corridor and found Ruby running straight to her.

"Ruby!! Don't go running like that! And don't call Mama in public." Aqua shouted at her as he was walking to them too.

Ruby ignored Aqua's warning as she continued to run. Her eyes sparkled at Kai.

"Aqua, look! Mr. Kai's back!!" Ruby yelled back at Aqua. She hugged Kai's leg.

"Ahaha, Ruby!" chuckled Kai as he carried her in his arms.

Aqua came to the scene. Ai asked her son where Miyako was, and he told her that she went back home after sending them to the stairs.

"Let's go inside, shall we? Mama's going to make dinner now." said Ai as she unlocked the door.

Ruby cheered in excitement as Kai put her down.

"Bye, you guys!" Kai waved at them as he turned his back.

"Do you want to eat dinner together with us, Kai?" Ai invited Kai.

Kai wouldn't pass on that offer as he turned around, saying, "Sure! I'd love to! But I'll do the cooking."

"Yeay!!" Aqua, Ruby, and Ai cheered, sticking their hands out. They really enjoyed Kai's cooking. They all entered the apartment with a smile plastered on their faces. Like a happy family.
______________________________________

"Huhh, that was really fun...." exclaimed Kai, now lying on his bed.
He was exhausted after hours of playing and teasing Ruby and Aqua. Even Ai joined in, tickling Aqua in the process.

After saying goodbye, he went back to his home.

He smiled at the thought. He enjoyed being with them. But there was something that always appeared in his mind. His favourite idol, Ai Hoshino.

He doesn't know why. Is he falling for her? Seeing her cute smile and how she acted towards him really attracted him.

"Have I fallen in love with Ai-san?"

Kai deeply blushed. It's the truth. But he shook his head.

"No, I can't fall in love again.... Not after what had happened. She also already has a family.... She has someone else in her life." thought Kai.

His heart was already broken, nothing could ever fix it. Although loving Ai could help, he doesn't want to risk Ai's safety.

The idea of loving someone still pained him. A part of him died after Ruby was taken from him, after all. He couldn't bear losing someone he loved again.

A tear flowed from his eyes. Silently....
______________________________________

"Hmm, you're looking cute again today! Super cute!" praised Ai

"Well, you're cuter overall, Mama." replied Ruby. She was wearing a blue uniform with a blue hat.

"What's with this rivalry?" asked Aqua, sweat dropping down his face. Aqua also wore the same uniform as Ruby.

A few months had passed, Aqua and Ruby were enrolled in preschool. After That Was The Start, a movie directed by Mr. Taishi, was nominated for some awards. Ai is a major up-and-coming idol/media personality, to sum her up.

As for Kai, he was also becoming well known to the public. His expertise in martial arts allowed him to get many offers for action films. Although he managed to keep his identity as a Hero a secret for now,