Chapter 6: Acting?

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Kai's phone started to ring, waking him from his sleep.

"Ughh, what time is it?" he questioned himself. He then takes his phone off the table.

It was 7 a.m. in the morning. Kai then wakes up from his bed,remembering what had happened yesterday. He couldn't believe that Ai Hoshino lived in the same apartment as him.

"Well, there must be a reason why she kept her identity.... I should keep quiet about this." thought him, not wanting to interfere with someone's life, even if it was Ai.
______________________________________

-Flashbacks-

"Remember, Kai, your world is different from the others. If there were any changes in that timeline, they would stay permanent. Even with Towa and Mira gone for now, you must not risk revealing that you are a Time Patrol to anyone else. You might put them in danger, got it?" Chronoa explains to her son the dangers of his existence as a time patrol if known to the public.

Kai responds, "Got it. Thanks Mom."

______________________________________

-Present-

Kai had just finished taking a shower. After breakfast, he wears his casual clothes, getting ready to get some fresh air. As he goes out, he immediately goes to the park nearby. There were many kids playing there with their friends and family.

Kai smiled at the sight of the park; the atmosphere is so cheerful.

"Their smile.....that's the one of the reasons I fight to protect history, so their smile never fades away." , reminiscing on his job as a time patrol.

Then Kai hears a crying noise not too far from him.

It was a girl wearing a dress, pointing at a balloon that had been carried by the wind. Her parents try to calm her down.

The moment their eyes diverted from the balloon, Kai jumped to catch it and descended at incredible speed. He went to the girl, crouching to eye level with her, holding on to her balloon, and gave it back.

"Here's your balloon." Kai smiled gently to her.

"Thank you, mister!"

The girl smiles up to her ears as she thanks him. The parents also thank him as they head back home.

He spends his time at the park until he spots some people watching a drama being recorded there. He was interested in watching the scene play out, so he went there for a closer look.

"Whatcha looking at, huh?" a person asked Kai, seeing Kai getting interested in watching the scene.

Kai, who suddenly snapped out of his mind, looked at the man. The man has almost shoulder-length hair and is wearing a black jacket.

 The man has almost shoulder-length hair and is wearing a black jacket

"Oh, nothing, actually. I just want to see the drama play out closer." answered Kai scratching his head at the man, grinned at respond.

"If that's so, come here. My name is Taishi Gotanda, but you can call me Director", he said.

"You are the director of this drama?" asked Kai, surprised.

"Of course I'm. Are you interested in acting?" Director replied to Kai.

"I don't know a single bit about acting, actually. All I know is that a drama or movie must have a star actor who makes the story interesting." Kai stated as he walked to the set with Director.

"You're not wrong, but there's something you're missing. Look over there." Director points out the actors who are preparing themselves for the next scene.

He continues to explain, "There are three types of actors. One is the star actor. Their primary role is to attract an audience. Given that they also act as poster children, they garner solid performance fees. Next are those with real talents. Their role is to ensure the quality of the product on screen. Maintaining the programming block's brand is their job. Lastly, you've got newcomers. Acting ability isn't really expected of them. They get the passing mark if they can bring a sense of freshness to the screen."

"I see," replied Kai.

Taishi looked at him, saying, "You'd be fascinating up on screen, you know? I'd like to put you in something."

"Me? Why though?" Kai cocked an eyebrow as he pointed to himself.

"Are you interested in being an actor?" asked Director, amused by Kai's antics.

"Uhhh..... I think so? I'm not sure..... An actor sounds awesome too. Maybe I will do it." answered Kai, looking at Director.

"Not an answer that I expected," he thought, giving a smirk at Kai.

"Here's my business card. Call me when you're ready," said Director,holding out his business card to Kai.

"Will do, thanks, but I really need to go now. See ya!" said Kai as he started to walk away.

"What an energetic guy..." chuckled Director before going to the set again.
______________________________________

"Wow, I didn't think I would get offered to become an actor," said Kai as he went back home.

After reaching his apartment, he went to grab capsule No. 6. It contained the gravity chamber that he always used to train. Although the room is too small to handle the gravity chamber, Chronoa makes it smaller on the outside and bigger on the inside using her magic.

"This way I can train without disturbing anyone," thought Kai as he threw the capsule into empty space. The capsule lets out a smoke. Then the smoke dissipated, revealing a small, room-sized gravity chamber as he entered the room.

Unfortunately for him, he forgot to lock his door, making it accessible from the outside.
______________________________________

Well, I intend to make Kai an actor, so there is a connection between him and Ai beyond being neighbours.

Well enjoy reading and leave a comment below.