14. Feeling, Waiting

Lue awoke the next morning, laying on her side. A rooster was crossing the road, making noise. She stretched her arms.

Last night, she had some of the best sleep ever in a long time. She forgot what it felt like to sleep on a mattress.

Josandra was turned away from her and lying on her side. Lue sniffed at the air, smelling oats. Where was the sweet smell coming from? She wasn't sure. Her eyes flickered to Josandra's bare neck and paused. She didn't notice it last night, but she did now. Josandra had changed after washing up. She was wearing a short, white nightie that barely reached her knees. In her sleep, the edge had ridden up slightly so that Lue was able to see most of her soft, naked thigh. She blinked, unable to tear her eyes away.

Yeah, there was no way Lue would've allowed her to stay with Clay. At least not now. Not when she was still here. Not when Josandra wore stuff like this.

She should look away. Look away now, but she did no such thing. Her skin looked so smooth. Lue rests her weight on her elbow, sitting up slightly on her side. Josandra's mouth was open and she was drooling on her pillow. She wrinkled her nose and licked her cheek, wiping the spit away. Lue's eyes became glossy. Was her tongue always that wet, that pink?

Josandra turned onto her back and slowly her eyes opened.

"Morning," she whispered.

She wasn't wearing a bra. Why would she when going to bed? But because it was so early in the morning, it was also cooler in the room. Her nipples were pointy. Lue rubbed the heel of her hand into the bedsheet, staring. Josandra's breasts were bigger than hers. And from the front, Lue could tell that the nightdress really complimented a body like hers. It hugged her in all the right places, highlighting her curves and really illustrating how tempting and luscious her behind must've been.

"Lue?" Josandra called.

"Huh?" and her eyes snapped to the girl's face.

"Are you alright? I was talking, but you weren't saying anything," Josandra said, rubbing at her eyes.

"Huh?" Lue said. "Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, everything's fine. I'm going to use the bathroom first."

She rose, digging her fingers into her cheek as she exited the room.

As she brushed her teeth, she avoided looking at herself in the mirror.

She didn't understand why Josandra was so insecure about herself. Why they had to argue that one time all those weeks ago. Lue didn't think there was anything wrong with the way Josandra looked at all.

She implied last night that she had never had sex before. Said people were too complicated. Were men that stupid to not behave appropriately so that she would want to sleep with some of them? If Lue was a man—

Shut up. Right now. Jesus.

She gargled with mouthwash and spit harshly into the sink. She squeezed at her neck, trying to stop the thoughts from coming. What was in the morning air that she was thinking such strange things?

She had never really thought about sex before, but she wasn't the average person. She never had time to think about stuff like that. And Josandra was right anyway. People were a headache.

Still, it was a little insane that Josandra had never done it with anyone.

If Lue was a man...she'd behave right around Josandra. Because Josandra would be hard to resist. They'd probably have sex every day. She'd take her hard, slow—Josandra wouldn't have to worry about anything ever being complicated between them. Lue would show her that she could handle her and well.