Her best friend who was here the other day is also here again, tagging along behind her.

She approaches the table, shaking Michael's hand as a hello, her friend doing the same and then she sits down opposite me. Not saying a word.

Probably payback for the first time we met.

"Hi to you too." I clear my throat.

She ignores me, her eyes focused on Michael who's talking.

"So harmony have you made your decision?" He asks. I can tell in his eyes he's hoping her answer is yes. This would stop him having so many sleepless nights due to my messy ones.

"I have." She nods trying to be all mysterious.

"I'll take the deal." She shares and my eyebrows raise in slight surprise. A part of me had thought she would turn it down.

"Brilliant." Michael grins. Haven't seen him smile like that in a while. In all fairness to him, I've been running him ragged so why would he smile.

"This, is your contract. I need you to sign here and here. You too Jude." He turns to me.

"Got it boss." I mock with a salut.

Harmony reads the contract along with her best friend and then she signs it. I roll my eyes at her because she's taking ever so long.

She then slides the contract over to me. Glaring at me.

I wink at her and she reverts her eyes back to Michael. Huffing.

I sign and then pass Michael back the contract.

He then spends the next ten minutes babbling on about the procedures and rules of the contract agreement and what we would have to do. I'm so bored i want to fall asleep. I result to looking through Instagram.

"Okay now that we have all of that sorted. I think we should give you two a chance to talk. You can swap contact numbers and get to know one another." Michael stands to his feet.

"Aaliyah would you like to accompany me to a table downstairs. I can order us some food while we let these two get acquainted." Michael suggests.

"Ain't gotta tell me twice!" She laughs shooting up out of her seat even though harmony is glaring at her and pleading with her eyes for her to stay.

Silence ensues once both Michael and Aaliyah leave. She's looking around and I'm on my phone texting. Got a date booked for tonight. Model. Brunette. Face and body a ten.

"So. We should probably get each others numbers and stuff." She speaks up. Her eyes finally looking at mine.

"This is my number." I hold up my phone so she can put it into hers.

"Try not to call me too much. I'm a busy guy." I grin.

"Wouldn't dream of it." She scoffs.

"I sent you a text." She tells me.

I nod, saving her number in my phone.

"You probably already follow me on insta so just shoot me a dm and I'll follow you back." I lean back in my chair.

"I don't follow you on insta."

"Okay." I shrug passing her my phone to type hers in. She does so following herself and then I return the favour.

We sit in silence again. She's staring at her hands I'm texting my date for the evening. Smiling.

"I guess we should get to know each other a little. This might be easier if we were friends at least." She suggests.

"We don't need to be friends." I say bluntly. It's true though. We don't. I have no interest in spending any extra time with her that isn't for the agreement.

"Okay then." She stands grabbing her purse and her phone, giving me the dirtiest look as she walks by me. I huff standing to my feet and follow her downstairs.

"We're done let's go." She directs to her friend.

"You and Jude should go for dinner before you leave. Establish a basic friendship." Michael suggests.

"He doesn't want to be friends. Just told me that." She smiles sarcastically.

Michael looks at me annoyed. I'm definitely making his job harder for him.

"Ignore him. I'll set up a dinner for you two tonight." Michael insists. She just nods.

"Can't." I say

"And why's that?" Michael asks. Harmony is looking at me expectantly. Annoying how self righteous she is.

"Got a date with an absolute ten. Can't miss it." I rub my chin.

I catch harmony's eye roll.

"Well cancel. You can't be dating other girls now you're in this agreement." Michael tells me

"Cancel it? Come on Mike I can't do that. She's so fine. Can't you move the dinner to another day?" I'm practically pleading with him at this point.

"No. It's tonight." He instructs. Slightly giving off dad vibes.

"Any special dietary requirements harmony?" He asks her.

"Nope. I eat anything." She looks at me with a smirk. Happy to see my plans have been squashed.

"I can tell." I blurt out looking her up and down. Say it just to annoy her since she's annoyed me.

Her friend gives me a dirty look at the same time she does. Michael just lets out a distressed sigh.

"Great I'll book the best restaurant then for you two." Michael nods.

"Cant wait." She smiles at Michael and then winks at me. I roll my eyes walk past her. Whisper something in her ear just before I leave.

"Try and look nice tonight. The restaurants going to be a fancy one."

"I'll try my very best." She says sarcastically with a scoff.

I bump her shoulder a little as I walk past. On purpose of course. And then I leave without saying goodbye. I turn around to see her shooting daggers at me.

This is going to be the longest six months of my life.

— I know he can't
actually drive but
he can in this book lol
it's needed.