The other guy from Queens

Start from the beginning

And then I'm the obsessed one. I playfully said. But I can't say no to you.. I brought her hand to my lips as I kissed it. She rolled her eyes.

You're really the cheesiest person alive. She said but I know she loved that. So where to ? I asked her.

Your friend still can take us to the top of Williamsburg Bank building ?

You bet. I nodded as we started walking. We got until 10:30 though. I warned as she nodded.

• • •

10:30 came soon enough, Gwen and I had made it back to the school in time after our little getway and I then walked her to her class.

Well I'm going this way see you at lunch. I said facing her. I had a class with mister O'Hara and I wasn't too optimistic about it but anyways.

See ya. She replied tip toeing to give me a peck.

Miss Stacy, Mr Morales... a voice interrupted making me roll my eyes. We turned and I gulped when I saw the philosophy teacher.

Oh hi professor.. I awkwardly chuckled. It's been a long time !

I will ignore your poor attempt at whatever you tried to do Morales. So you two have been missing this morning but looks like you're alright ? She noted eying us from top to bottom as we both looked away. What's worse than running into a teacher you just skipped a class from..

We're sorry. Gwen simply replied.

I will let it slide for this time... she said reassuring me. But only for mister Morales, she added confusing me. Miss Stacy your grades aren't great. You can't allow yourself to skip more classes. She sternly said as Gwen was looking down. We have a test next week so prove yourself, or I'll have to speak to your parents. She concluded before walking away.

I didn't know you had difficulties in philosophy. I said surprised once she was far enough.

You'd be surprised, I only have good grades in like 3 subjects. She confessed chuckling and my eyes opened wide.

I'll change that, I'm a good professor, since we have some common subjects I'll teach you some things. I assured her before kissing her. See you.

Yup. She nodded.

• • •

I quickly packed my stuff to escape mister O'Hara's class as soon as the bell rang, it was now the end of first period so I walked towards the cafeteria where I'd be waiting for Gwen and the others. I went alone to our usual table with my plate as on Monday I'll always be the first to arrive but while getting closer I saw someone was already sitting there. That silhouette looks familiar...

No. Freaking. Way ! I said slowly approaching as I laughed in disbelief. Hobie you here ?? I excitedly said taping his shoulder.
He turned around and gave me his signature smirk.

The one and only. He took my hand for a handshake and stood up. Man you grew up a lot why you distancing me like that ? He laughed looking at me from top to bottom. He was still a bit taller than me but yeah last time I saw him he was like a head taller.

Basketball you know. I shrugged.

It's good to see you, he smiled bumping my shoulder. So where's yo little band ? He then asked.

They'll be here in a minute. I said as we sat down. But you tell me how was it in England ? It's been so long ! Why you coming out of nowhere ?

That's a lot of question mate.. he chuckled. I'll answer everything though, when the others gets here cause-

You don't like to repeat yourself cause you're not a YouTube video that we can replay yea got that. I completed his sentence with a nod. He used to say that all the time..

Good memory. He smirked.

HOBIE MY GUY ! Pavitr voice was heard in the whole room as I facepalmed. This guy is unique.

Is it possible to live in a world where Pavitr doesn't yell everytime he pronounces a word ? Ganke sarcastically asked.

Yo my big steppa arrived ! Hobie stood up once more to hug him and I couldn't help but smile. Gayatri was following and they hugged too. It's good to see the whole band finally all together. No one missing. Margo ain't here today ? He asked. Yea I guess someone's missing..

She seems off lately, she didn't really wanted to talk this morning.. Gayatri revealed as I gulped. I know it's kinda because of me...

Well that's-

Hey guys. Gwen arrived all smily. My girl is the main event, I felt like the whole room lightened up just because she came in. Oh, hi. She said waving at Hobie.

Gwen meet Hobie, the oldest of the group ! Pavitr introduced.

Oh yeah I heard about you once, nice to meet you. You're from Queens right ?

Yea this neighbourhood sucks. He scoffed giving her a hand to shake.

I know right.. she chuckled. We all decided to sit down around the table. So you're supposed to be the oldest ? How old are you ? Gwen curiously asked as I watched them doing the whole conversation.

18, too oldfor these kids. He joked.

Oh I'm 18 too I guess you're not that old for me ! She said and I frowned.

What Gwen you're 18 ? I asked surprised. Since when ? I thought we were the same age !

Oh I haven't told you ? She looked at me confused. You know since I missed a year because of the Peter incident I'm doing my sophomore year again. She explained in a whisper. How amI learning my girlfriend's age just now ?

Why is Margo eating all alone over there ? Ganke asked pointing to another table where we could see her eating while scrolling on her phone.

What y'all did to ma friend.. Hobie asked exhaling.

Let me explain, it's funny actually.. I started.

Lemme guess, it has something to do with her right ? Hobie said pointing at Gwen with his chin.

Uh...

God did she confessed to you Miles ? Gayatri asked concerned.

No !

I just know she got a bad grade and don't wanna tell us, Ganke offered.

What ? She never did that before ! I said looking at Ganke, where this man get his ideas from ? Ahh anyways stop makin theories lemme talk ! I exclaimed and let out a sigh when I had everyone's attention. So there was an issue last time, basically Gwen and I started dating and Margo got mad cause she liked me too. I explained as everyone looked at me with shock in their eyes.

Hobie's finally here!!😭 what do you guys think of his character so far ?

Please leave a vote and share your opinions and theories it motivates me and honestly I love reading what you write😌, anyways hope you enjoyed see u tomorrow for next chapter🙈

Almost 30k btw thank you a lot!!🫶🏽🫶🏽