(Ch. 18) Crush On A Captain

-TWs- abuse mentions + slight eating disorder

Hunter POV

It had been a couple days since the market and Hunter was feeling more comfortable around the residents of the owl house.

He was sitting in the living room trying to learn a card game called Hexis Holdem and it was confusing him out of his mind.

Eda kept winning over and over again.

All King did was try to eat the cards.

And Luz was trying to teach Hunter the game while trying to stop King from eating the cards.

Hunter had been thinking lately about what Lilith had talked to him about at the market.

Maybe there are people out there who atleast understand me a little bit... Maybe I'm not alone after all.

Just then there was a knock at the door and Eda looked instinctivly at Luz.

"Luz. Who did you invite over." Eda said. Luz beemed with happiness smiling.

"Amity of course!! Oh Gus and Willow too!"

Wait... Captains here?!

Hunter had only kept in touch with her over text but lately he had been under so much stress he had forgotten to.

"I thought we should show them that Hunter's on our side now!!" Luz said.

"And you didn't ask me if I was ok about opening up to more people?" Hunter replied a bit annoyed. Luz looked a little bit less happy but still had a bounce in her step.

"Stop being so annoyed and stressed. Gus and Willow already know you from flyer derby and I bet after Amity sees you're on our side she'll forgive you for the whole lake incident!"

Hunter grumbled a bit and rolled his eyes. Luz went to open the door and let Willow, Gus, and Amity walk in.

"Sweet Potatoe!!" Luz said hugging Amity and giving her a little kiss on the cheek.

Willow was the first one to spot Hunter.

"Caleb?"

When hearing Willow say that, Gus looked over and saw Hunter.

"Wait Hunters here?!" He screamed going into a slight defensive position. Hunter looked down at his feet remembering how he had hurt them and regretted everything he had done at Hexside.

"Woah woah woah!! Don't worry Hunter's on our side now!!" Luz said running over trying to calm them down. Willow and Gus relaxed a bit but Amity stayed defensive.

"Are you sure? What is he's pretending he's on our side to get infomation! He threatened me and you even when I gae him a hand of friendship. Remember that?" Amity questioned and Luz came over to her giving her another loving hug.

"He didn't come here by his own will. Raine brought him to use after finding him bleeding and half dead."

Hunter just sat there feeling awkward while Luz explained what had happened to him.

Why did she have to explain while I was here? She's making it a million times more awkward.

Amity, Willow, and Gus's expressions softened when they heard the reasoning why Hunter was here.

"He didn't tell you who did that to him?" Gus asked Luz.

"Hey! I'm right here you know!!" Hunter mumbled.

"Nope. He's also too scared to go back to the castle." Luz replied ignoring Hunter. Hunter grumbled and Eda noticed how upset he was.

"Hey kiddo. Have you had anything to eat or drink today? You look like you're starting to get hangry." Eda asked. Hunter shook his head and Eda smiled, helping him up from the ground.