(Ch. 10) Makeover

Luz POV

"Woah woah calm down... Eda said you could stay!" Luz was trying to calm Hunter down but was kinda failing. Eda came into the room grabbed Raine and took them to a different room.

Probably talking to them about what happened and the whole parade thing.

"Flapjack!!! Where is Flapjack!!" Hunter panicked breaking Luz's train of thought. 

"Don't worry!! Don't worry he's right over there sleeping." She replied pointing to a corner where Flapjack and Owlbert were snuggled together. 

"He was worried for you and wouldn't leave you alone until we had confirmation that you would be ok." Hunter nodded calming down a bit but just then Raine ran into the room, their face red, and they went out the front door. 

What was that about... They looked like Amity with their face that red.

Eda walked into the room and her face was equally red. Luz smirked mischievously. 

"Soooooooo Eda... Why did Raine run out of here so quickly..." Eda's face turned even redder and Luz didn't even know how that was possible. 

"N-None of y-your buisness!" Then Eda changed the subject looking at Hunter.

"Let us get you settled in kid. First of all those clothes are all bloody and torn, they gotta go. Luz see if you have any clothes that might fit him." Luz smiled and grabbed Hunter's wrist pulling him upstairs.

"Let us go give you a makeover!!!" Luz yelled excitedly. 

"NO! Save me, Owl Lady!!!" Eda just smiled as Hunter was dragged away upstairs. Luz pulled him into her room and shut the door trapping him inside. 

Hunter POV

Hunter didn't understand why The Owl Lady and the human were being so nice to him. 

I mean they're both criminals and I'm their enemy. Shouldn't they be torturing or hurting me? Criminals aren't supposed to be nice. They might just be keeping me as a bargaining chip for later!! But I was the one who choose not to go back!!! Arrgggg!!

He was extremely confused. Eda walked in and talked to Luz for a bit while Hunter was thinking. Suddenly Hunter was yanked up from his seat and Luz was dragging him upstairs. 

"NO! Save me, Owl Lady!!" Eda just smiled evilly as Hunter was dragged to his doom. Luz shut the door and Hunter felt trapped. 

I could escape through the window! But the human would catch me. Maybe if I apologize and beg enough Uncle would forgive me. But I'm just a clone!! He would just kill me and replace me!!

Hunter was trapped in his thoughts. 

"Hey, Hunter! Are you ok? You look kinda shaky there..." He heard Luz say while she was waving a hand in front of his face. 

"Y-yeah... I'm f-fine.. everything is f-fine!!" He replied quickly. Luz looked at him skeptically like she knew he was lying but then she dragged him over to a chest full of clothes. After rummaging around for a minute she pulled out some black pants and a pastel yellow hoodie that had little watermelons on it. 

"Sorry, this is the only thing I could find that could possibly fit you." Hunter looked at the clothes and felt a twinge of guilt when he took them. 

I don't deserve her kindness. I'll just ruin these just like how I ruin everything. They'd be better off without having me as a burden. 

Hunter looked up at Luz and tried to fake a smile. 

"These will work fine," Hunter told Luz as she walked out the door.

"Change into them!! Can't wait to see how you look!" 

When Hunter was alone he started changing, pulling off his old clothes and then slipping into the hoodie and the pants. There was a mirror hanging on the wall of the room and Hunter went over to it to see how he looked. He felt another twinge of guilt looking at himself in the clothes Luz had given him. 

"I'm done!!" He yelled and Luz came running back inside. 

"Knew you would look great!! Now come on, Eda is making carnivorous squid soup for dinner!!" She exclaimed grabbing Hunter by his wrist and dragging him back downstairs. 

Siblings I say!! Another chapter I'm proud of. Also yes the hoodie is inspired by his season 3 pants :)