#SEVENTY FOUR.

Zacznij od początku

I close it back down and he leans his body against the backside of the car. "I'm sorry for all this crazy shit that happened to you." He finally says. "I hope you have a better time in Florida."

"Yeah, me too." I reply, quietly.

"Welp." He straightens himself back up and claps his hands together. "You sure I don't have a chance?" He smirks.

I shake my head and laugh. "I think I need some time to heal from all this." I tell him.

"I get that." He pulls me into a tight hug. "—But I'm gonna hang onto hope."

"Goodbye, Dre." I laugh again, breaking the hug.

"Bye, Lil." He winks.

*

Once back at my apartment, I go into my bedroom and grab the piece of paper that had my fathers number on it from the top dresser drawer.

I nervously stare down at the numbers. I knew that this was probably my only option at this point, but the reality of not only having to get to know my father, but actually work underneath him scared me.

I wasn't sure if this was going to be everything I ever needed or be a total disaster, but nothing could be worse than the place I was in now. Nothing.

I quickly dial the number, trying to not give myself another second to think or chicken out.

"Hello?" He answers on the second ring, which caught me completely off guard.

"Is this Mark? Mark Kinely?" I ask.

"Yes, is this Liliana?" His voice sounded warm and strangely familiar on the phone.

"Yes." I reply.

"How are you, Lili?" He questions as if he already knew that I was doing terrible.

"Not so good. I lost my job." I tell him.

"Was it because of Bosa?" He asks.

"I don't really want to get into that, but I was calling to see if you still had that job opening?" I was trying to keep my voice from sounding shaky.

"I do, actually. Would you like to come out? We'd love to have you."

"Yeah, can I fly out tomorrow?" I quickly, ask.

"Oh, Lili. I can't do that, but I can buy you a ticket when I get paid next month." He says.

"No, that's too long. I have like $300 dollars saved. You don't have to buy me a ticket. I can buy one for tomorrow." I tell him.

"Okay, are you sure? Do you need help with the things in your apartment?"

"I'm just going to leave it here. I won't get my deposit back anyways, they never pay deposits back in California."

He chuckles through the phone. "That's very true. Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow, I guess."

"Make sure you book your flight for the Miami airport and send me your flight information. I'll be there to pick you up." He says.

"Miami? You live in Miami?" I question him.

He chuckles again. "Yes, does that surprise you?"

"A bit." I reply, actually shocked that I was going to be living in Miami Florida and not in some back woods small town Florida.

"You're going to love it, I promise." He says.

"Yeah, I keep hearing that. Okay, well, thanks Mark. I'll send you the info."

We hang up and I immediately get online to purchase an airline ticket. Unfortunately, the only tickets I could find within my price range was for a red eye flight two weeks from now. I didn't want to wait that long, but I was just going to have to. I had to just bite the bullet and go with what I could afford.

After that I head down to the leasing office of my apartment to let them know I would be moving.

I walk up to the desk and let the lady know about my plans to move out.

"Give me one second. I need to look up your lease." She says.

I stand there shifting my weight staring down at her.

"Okay, well. Your contract is on month to month. So, you'll have to be out in two days." She replies, coldly.

"Two days?!" I breath. "No, I can't. I just spent all my money on a plane ticket and I have no where else to stay."

"That's not my problem, sweetie. The next month starts in two days."

🏈