Part 155

"Do you know why you're here, Ms. Nelson?"

"Yes ma'am"

"It says here that you were going eighty in a forty five. Is that true?"

"Yes ma'am"

"You also had two minors in the vehicle as well"

"Yes ma'am"

"You realize that that's reckless endangerment?"

"Yes ma'am I do."

"Is this the child that was in the vehicle with you?" Jesy nodded looking down at her teary eyed nine year old who could barely see over the podium she was standing out.

"Can someone get her a stool" a member of the court brought the child a step stool.

"Did mommy do a bad thing?"

"Yes."

"Do you think she should be fined for it?"

"What's that?"

"Should she have to pay for doing something bad as a warning?" Jesy prayed quietly, putting her hands on her daughter's shoulders, hoping she said no. She had the full fine ready to pay because she knew she did wrong and felt bad knowing she put her children in danger which she would never intentionally do.

"Maybe only half"

"Half?" The judge smiled.

"Yes. My. . .my Little bubba is sick." She turned to hug her mother as she began to cry.

"It's okay. Talk to the nice woman" Jesy coached rubbing her back.

"May I ask what happened to your little bubba?"

"She was really hot and then her body began to shake. Mommy said we have to take her to the doctor. Only half because she put her in her car seat. She didn't have time to do mine but I did it myself. She's been bad but she's sorry. Please forgive her, we all make mistakes and she's sorry. She's a good mommy." She wiped her nose before stepping down.

"A high fever?" The judge asked, looking down at the medical records in her notes.

"Yes ma'am. I'm not trying to work my way around it. I did something wrong and I'm ready to pay my fine."

"I can see that you didn't mention it. You seem like a genuine woman and I don't see that often. You did what any mother would do and for that along with your compliance I'll waive this fine. In a case of an emergency, please call the ambulance. They can treat her quicker and do so safely right?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Alright. Can I ask where she is? Is she okay?"

"She's quite ill. She's at the hospital. I didn't want to miss this trial."

"Well, thank you. Get back to your baby. Feel better okay?" Perrie nodded and Jesy thanked the woman, rushing out of the courtroom.