Part 70 [3]

"Please please please can I come. Please mommy"

"You have school baby"

"Please"

Perrie shook her head.

They agreed to allow the doctors to record Jades data and stats in return for free treatments. They signed a contract and today is her First appointment. They were at the table and Leigh-Anne was begging Perrie to let her come with.

"You can come to the weekend appointment baby" Jesy told Leigh-Anne while she started to get everything ready to feed Jade.

"But just this one time mama please. Its her first one. She wants me there, and I want to be there for her."  The eight year old didn't even like school.

"You already missed a lot of school Leigh. You have to go to school bug."

Leigh-Anne stood up from the kitchen table.  Her parents were making her upset. She sat in the living room reading her independent book.

Once Perrie finished blending a mixture of fruit,yogurt and oats she put two cups of water and the smoothie on a tray handing it to Jesy.  Jade needed a feeding tube because she wasn't eating and shredding weight fast.

They usually tried to get it done while she slept to avoid any unnecessary obstacles. Jesy went to her room, sitting her up a little bit. She lifted her shirt, attaching the tubing to the port in her stomach. She poured room temperature water into the syringe to flush it. Jade tossed around in her sleep. Jesy clamped the tube so she didn't wake her up. Once she laid still she let the water finish flowing. She poured the blended mixture in and held the syringe up watching it flow slowly.  She flushed it once more when finished and this woke Jade up. She whined, still not comfortable with the feeling.

"One second baby. Hold on, don't touch it" Jade reached her hands down feeling around her belly.

"You're all finished." She closed the port wiping around the site.

"Good morning" She kissed her daughter's cheek. Jade rubbed her eyes. Before closing them again. Over the last few weeks she hasn't been doing too well. She's been sleeping a lot, she stopped talking all together. Her eye contact was falling off.she spent most of her day sleeping or staring off into space or at her plushie.

Jesy laid a changing mat out for her. She cleaned her up putting a band over her abdomen so that she didn't bother the site. She dressed her in some comfortable clothes because she had physical therapy today.

"Everyone ready to go?" Jesy asked carrying Jade downstairs.

"Yeah, let's get going." The family of four got into the car. It was quiet this morning. Leigh-Anne refused to speak to her parents and Jade was sleeping so she kept to herself.

When they got to her school, she kissed Jades cheek and got out of the car.

"We love you Leigh-Anne" Perrie called after Leigh-Anne.  She closed the car door, not bothering to turn back to look at her mothers.

Jesy honked the horn gaining everyone's attention.

"Mama loves you Leigh-Anne" the girl covered her face, running into the building she was so embarrassed. 

"Dont do that ever again. You're going to make her hate us"

"Shes never had a problem with us hugging and Kissing her before school."

"Yeah but she's mad at us. Why are you acting like you were never eight years old before?" Perrie asked as she drove off.

Jade began wringing her hands groaning quietly.

"Baby, don't do that. What's wrong?" Jesy turned around separating Jades hands. She pushed Jesy away.

They got to the facility about ten minutes later and as soon as they walked into the room Jade began screaming. She didn't want to be here.

"Bubba. Calm down for mama please."

"Can we see how long it plays out if you don't intervene?"

Jesy nodded stepping away from Jade. Jades lips began to quiver as she slowly crawled to Jesy. She was losing the ability to do that as well. She cried sitting by her feet. Jesy and Perrie exchanged looks. It was taking everything in them not to scoop her up and give her a cuddle. She cried for about two hours before fainting.

They let her rest when she woke up before starting. Jesy and Perrie were taken into an observation room.

They held Jade under her arms trying to see what happened if she put her feet down on a hard surface. She didn't push against it. They buckled her into a harness that connected to a treadmill like machine. They weren't going to turn it on as she couldn't walk but they wanted to help her start getting used to the motion. They manually moved her legs in a walking motion. One leg at a time trying to explain to her what was happening. Jade could care less. She was staring at the cartoons on the screen a few feet away from her. Her fist in her mouth.

"Your hands don't belong in your mouth, you're a big girl" A nurse told her pulling her hand out of her mouth. She put it right back as soon as the woman let her hand go. She began to whine, she was frustrated and tired.

She looked around her mothers. When she didn't see them she bawled. This was not going well. Not even a little bit.

-My writer's block is insane rn. Sorry about it. I literally can't write anything. My creative juices are gone-