A Christmas Chapter 🎄

"Leigh-Anne"

"For today, my mommy said I can open one gift. I picked this one?"

"What do you think it is?" Her teacher Mr. Powers asked.

"Umm. I don't know actually. It's kinda small." She huffed, shaking the gift wrapped present.

"Come up here and open it up." Leigh-Anne stood up from her seat and walked to the front of the classroom.

She began to tear the paper off. She smiled seeing what it was, she threw the paper away before picking up the box.

"It's a DSi!!" She held it up with a bright smile.

"Can I play it Leigh-Anne?" One boy in her class asked followed by a bunch of students who began to crowd around her desk once she sat down.

"No"

"She said no, let's all have a seat so we can have our last presentation. Perrie, Why don't you come open your gift"

"Okay" Perrie hesitantly stood up. She knew she couldn't compete with Leigh-Anne. She had the coolest gift ever.

"Tell us what you think it is?"

"I don't know." She smiled at her teacher.

"Go on."

She carefully removed the paper making sure not to tear it before throwing it away.

"It's a sweater!" Perrie unzipped the fleece sweater and put it on, she was really cold

"She's excited about a sweater" The same boy said, making the class laugh.

Perrie frowned. She didn't know why it was a bad thing.

"Okay. Thank you everyone for sharing. Let's put our toys away, put on our coats and go outside. Who wants to play in the snow?"  The kids cheered excitedly. They weren't usually allowed to play outside in such cold temperatures but it had snowed and it rarely snows where they live so the teachers decided to take them out.

"You need a hat, gloves and coats. If you do not have that you have to stay inside with Ms. Davis, she will put on a movie for you all."

Perrie knew she couldn't go out so she just put her head down trying to get some sleep.

"What do you want to watch Perrie?" The teacher's assistant crouched by her desk. She was the only student without the right outerwear to go outside.

"The Grinch" She grumbled, she hated Christmas. She didn't understand the point of it. To her it was just to rub in her face how poor her mother is. All the nice gifts she can't have.

The woman put on the movie and turned off the lights.

Perrie fell asleep halfway into the movie, she was tapped a few minutes later. She sat up looking at her classmate.

"Hey Perrie"

"Hi Leigh-Anne"

"I was wondering if you wanted to play outside with me"

"I can't"

"You can borrow my stuff" Perrie shook her head.

"That's okay. Thank you for offering."

"Do you want to play my game?"

"No, Its okay"

" Come on, why are you so grumpy? It's Christmas" Perrie shrugged putting her head back down.

"Please. I'm bored and lonely. Play with me"

"You have your clothes, Leigh-Anne. You can play outside or play your video game" Perrie was wondering why she was bothering  her.