Chapter 25: True Identity.

Aubrey opened her eyes. Vision blurry and head hurting. She felt something soft underneath her. She realized she was on the bed. Aubrey slowly sat up. She looked around and realized she was in Claude's room. She remembered what happened, making her feel an overwhelming feeling. She jumped off the bed and ran out of the room. Searching for Claude. She searched for him everywhere. But he was nowhere to be found.

Aubrey: Claude? Where are you?

She asked. But there were no response. But he was nowhere. She fell down on her knees. She looked down and felt the tears fall.

???: You called to me.

She heard a familiar voice. Making her turn around immediately. There he is, Claude. She sighed heavily in relief and she stood up and ran towards him. Engulfing him into a big hug. She hugged him so tightly. But he didn't hug her back. He simply just stood there. Eyes blankly stared at the air. Aubrey pulled away and looked at him.

Aubrey: Claude?

Claude looked down at her.

Aubrey: I...what, what happened back there?

Claude: Do not ask such questions. You know the answer already.

Aubrey: B-but your wounds! You were stabbed multiple times!

She searched for any stab wound but there wasn't any.

Aubrey: How?

Aubrey looked at him in confusion.

Claude: You know who I am now. Are you scared of me?

Aubrey: Claude...what are you?

Claude: What am I? A man that is chosen to be a servant to the devil.

Aubrey: What? H-how? Why?

Claude turned around and walked towards the window.

Claude: Are you willing to listen?

Aubrey couldn't answer.

Claude: I need an answer.

Aubrey: Y-yes.

Claude: If I tell you everything, would you think of me as a monster?

Aubrey: Please just tell me.

Claude: Fine. It started many, many years ago.

(Flashback)
(Claude is narrating this)

After I found out that my family was killed. I lost my path in life. I lost who I am. I lost myself. All my life, I was angry. I seek for revenge. I had gone berserk to the point where I killed every people I saw walking on the street. I killed, and killed, and killed, and killed, but it did not help me get rid of the pain I felt. I was too angry, until I lost in the fight. I thought I was going to die but he came. And offered me another chance. And his name...was Azazel.

Azazel: Would you like another chance to live?

Claude: No...

Azazel: Aw...tsk tsk tsk, I pity you. But do not worry, I will give you another chance to live but, you will work for me.

I had no other choice. So I agreed. I remember him, cutting his wrist open, and let his blood flow out, letting it fall down in my mouth. And until then, my life turned upside down.

(Flashback ends)

Aubrey: What else happened?

Claude: He sent me to find you. And bring you to him. Our deal was to find you, take care of you until you turn 18 and give you to him. But I guess the tables had turned.