Chapter 20: Love and Fear.

The four of them walked down the stairs. Aubrey fiddling with her fingers anxiously. Claude lead them in the basement. Opening the door.

Jake: Open sesame.

He said. Claude rolled his eyes. Opening the door wide.

Claude: Watch your step.

He said. Jake walked down the stairs. Patricia was next and then Aubrey. Lastly Claude. Jake coughed because of the dust. He walked around. Jake roamed his eyes around. Trying to open the old stuff or the drawers. But there was nothing.

Jake: Mind telling me what the basement is for Claude?

Claude: You don't have a basement of your own?

Jake: I do-

Claude: Then why even bother asking if you already know the answer?

Jake: Because! I want to know what you use this basement for. Someone like you is a genius at hiding something. Maybe this is where you commit your crime?

The two ladies looked at Claude. Waiting for an answer.

Claude: Oh that would be such a tragedy. I can not commit such a thing. Hurting an animal is already terrifying for me.

He said innocently. Playing like the innocent.

Claude: Whatever you do Mister...

Jake: Jake.

Claude: Mister Jake.... Investigating or searching or checking this mansion is a waste of precious time. You will not find anything. I know to myself that i can't kill or murder a person.

Jake: You are not lying are you?

Claude: No.

Jake: Be certain of it. Because if you are lying to me, you are dead meat.

Claude: Of course. Lying is wrong.

He said. Jake and Claude at each other for a second. Jake nodded slowly and walked away.

Patricia: Jake? Jake! Where are you going?

Jake: Investigation is over.

Patricia: But Jake!

She sighed heavily. Claude walked towards them.

Claude: After you.

He said. They both walked up the stairs and towards the door. Patricia stared at Aubrey worriedly. But her view was blocked when Claude got in her view. Staring at her with those killer murderous eyes. She lowered her head.

Claude: I enjoyed your visit Patricia, Jake.

Jake and Patricia stayed silent.

Claude: Drive safely.

They both nodded and walked away. Patricia looked back at Aubrey. Her eyes begging her not to go. Then slowly, the door began to close. Their eye contact was cut by the door closing. Aubrey carefully and slowly backed away from Claude that had his back turned. His back facing her. She was scared.

Claude: Now... consequences must be faced My Lady. And it starts now.

He said darkly. Turning around to face her. Eyes sparkling in craziness and smirked. He slowly walked towards her and she ran away from him. Running to her room.

Claude: Go ahead! Keep running! Makes this even more fun!

He laughed out of craziness. He heard the door slam.

(Aubrey's POV)

The moment she shut the door and locked it, the door banged. She yelped in horror. Looking for something heavy. She saw the drawer and she ran to it, and pushed it. The door continued to bang.