Chapter 7: Siblings.

Claude threw the arrow away. Facing Ashton that was holding the bow with an arrow and was pointing it directly at him.

Claude: Why don't you put the bow down?

Ashton: Oh I'm not taking any chances. Who knows? Maybe the moment I lower my weapon you might jump at me and maybe devour my soul and body?

Claude: You and I both know i will never do that. Not to my precious younger brother.

Ashton: I am not your brother.

He stretched the string even more, his blue eyes glaring at Claude. Claude's brown eyes looked back at his blue ones. Those same precious eyes he used to look at whenever Ashton would cry. Claude sighed heavily and slowly walked towards him. Ashton backed away.

Ashton: Take one step closer I will not hesitate to kill you.

Claude continued walking towards him and Ashton let the string go, setting the arrow fly straight at him, but Claude, easily just caught the arrow. Inches away from his eyes. He smiled softly and walked towards him.

Claude: I mean no harm Ashton. I just came here to ask you if you are okay.

Ashton: Bullshit. Tell me what you really came here for.

Claude sighed heavily. Reaching out his hand that was holding the arrow towards Ashton. Ashton took the arrow.

Claude: Shall we go somewhere? Your home?

(Author's POV)

Claude and Ashton were silently sitting down in the couch. Both were sitting in silence and dark. The only source of light was the candle light.

Ashton: What are you doing here Claude?

Claude: Dweller. He's back.

Ashton: Dweller? The monster?

Claude nodded. Ashton sighed softly.

Ashton: Why are you telling me this?

Claude: To make you aware.

Ashton: Why?

Claude: Dweller will do anything in his powers to take away Aubrey and you.

Ashton: Aubrey? You know Aubrey? How do you know her?

Claude: She is my master. My Lady. How do you know her?

Ashton: I met her. A few weeks ago. She was walking at night when I noticed a man following her. Acting strange. I knew right away she would be in danger if I don't act. So i took her to an empty alley, we both hid there till the man was gone.

Claude: How strange was the man acting?

Ashton: Drooling. Skinny. Looking homeless. He seemed like he was possessed or something. I couldn't tell.

Claude: Azazel. Creator of all monsters. Evil creatures possessing itself to a person. This is his doing.

Ashton: Why did he send that man after her?

Claude: Aubrey isn't aware of what she hides. Well, she has no idea after all. She doesn't even know who I truly am. All she knows is she's living a simple life with me.

Ashton: You have not told her yet haven't you?

Claude didn't have to answer. The look on his face says it all. Ashton inhaled deeply and released it.

Ashton: She's gonna find out someday. And trust me it will not end well.

Claude: I know. But someone as innocent as her will not be able to handle it. The truth is too heavy.