Chapter 32 - Final Battle✓

I froze with fear and took a few steps back. His decomposing head turned, and I saw his eyes gleaming with pure hatred. And his presence alone sent chills throughout my body.

I trembled in anticipation.

But it all changed as he spoke. The voice was harsh and unforgiving, yet gentle at the same time. I couldn't help but feel drawn to his soothing tone

"Oh my. How wonderful,"

I heard his muffled voice, followed by the sound of thunder.

'That wasn't supposed to happen. Why is he laughing now? No, don't give him any satisfaction,' I pleaded inside of myself. But it was too late.

His body started to decompose and melt as the acid was poured all over him.

The sky suddenly turned dark and it started raining. A black portal had opened in the sky. In the distance, a large dark figure appeared like once before.

The crowd gasped and cried out in surprise as more figures came pouring from the portal and began to swarm down upon the Island.

I felt my heart start to beat rapidly as the darkness and rain descended upon the island. I closed my eyes and waited for what was sure to happen next...the final death of all those gathered below.

He flew towards the earth below. As he descended, the ground before him burst forth sending giant shakes in his wake. An army of his living dead fire soldiers flocked after his arrival.

'What is happening?' I wondered.

"What's going on?" I spoke to myself.

"He's morphed into his final form,"

Okizari rose to his feet and started to walk towards the crowd and spoke.

"My dear friends, your simpleton of a hero could never defeat me for I am a God. The God of destruction. Tanwen."

'Ayla,'

'Talila?'

'What's going on?'

'Tanwen has now opened the underworld. The one place he has total control'

'What! He's the god of death too?!'

'How do you think he brought back the fire tribe?'

'Forget it. What should I do?'

'You know when you let me take control? I need you to do that again, on your own. Do you think you're ready?'

'Yes, I think so,'

'Ok. Close your eyes, focus,'

As instructed I closed my eyes and focused on my hands. Though I wanted fire, I thought of the statue I saw in the marble building.

She cried tears of gold, gold was smeared all over her. She was neither human nor animal. She was a God.

Another flash, the looks of distraught dead fire soldiers.

Another, of all the past guardians before me, looks at me with a hope-filled face.

The looks of defeat on Ryoko, Tatsuya, and Kaida's faces.

The pale face of the island dwellers. When hope is lost.

I couldn't bear another second.

I felt the heat rising to my head. I screamed.

I saw nothing red.

I had jumped off the platform only to land on my two feet with immense power. The ground shook.